HELP!! Worth $3500?

akarobbb

Really want this civic. I just want to make sure it is worth $3500. I'm new to the Honda game but I saw this car in person and loved it.

- EX trim
- B16A Swap
- LS tranny
- chipped 9000 rpm redline
- Full Lip Kit

JustJustin

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I would take it to a mechanic you can trust and get it inspected. In my opinion $3500 is a little much, but if it is clean and there isn't much wrong with it, that's not too bad of a deal, especially if thats what you want. You're gonna have to paint it...

Mern

Come at me bro.
I would take it to a mechanic you can trust and get it inspected. In my opinion $3500 is a little much, but if it is clean and there isn't much wrong with it, that's not too bad of a deal, especially if thats what you want. You're gonna have to paint it...
:word:
to the paint look at those door jams.

akarobbb

i like the matte black, can i just get the door jams painted to match?

JustJustin

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i like the matte black, can i just get the door jams painted to match?
Well I don't see any point to doing that, cause you're not gonna see them when the doors are shut. It'd be a pain in the ass to "paint"

akarobbb

Well I don't see any point to doing that, cause you're not gonna see them when the doors are shut. It'd be a pain in the ass to "paint"
yeah true. i feel like its not so bad since the car was red and it basically goes with the color scheme lol

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
id pass, its been molested and from the looks of it, drove hard. imo 3500 can be better spend somewhere else.

JustJustin

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Yeah I don't think the red door jams are a big deal. Do you know how many miles the engine has?

Civic Virtue

From personal experience I would stay away from buying modified cars. I've boughten 2 and spent most of my money fixing things that the previous owner broke/didn't do correctly. $3500 looks a bit high for that Civic, maybe offer $2500? If they say no then it wasn't meant to be...

IllNist

Even if the car has issues you learn a lot fixing them. $3500 is cheaper than buying a cleaner shell and motor swap alone. Just saying.... However I would say 2k max.

James315

wouldnt pay anything over 2500 no telling how hard it was driven or how well the maintence was kept up on and come on red door jambs lmao just saying.

akarobbb

its florida, clean hondas are a dime a dozen
THIS IS EXACTLY WHY IT IS HARD FOR ME TO WALK AWAY!!! Idk how many of you guys are in florida but i looked at at least 6 civics yesterday. 4 ej2's and 2 ej1's. They were all crappy to the point where I would have to redo the interior, NEED a new paint job, replace headlight because they weren't even the same on both sides, and EVERY SINGLE ONE have a broken taillights like wtf. And these guys were charging upwards of $3000 for those POS's. The best engine out of all of them was a D16z6. One the other hand this one is clean with a good swap, interior is mint, all the windows, sunroof work, he even left all the a/c parts so all i would need is a belt. Idk if their are cleaner civics in your states but the ones here suck ass.

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
do what you wanna do man. im just speaking from experience. id pass on it

JustJustin

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
THIS IS EXACTLY WHY IT IS HARD FOR ME TO WALK AWAY!!! Idk how many of you guys are in florida but i looked at at least 6 civics yesterday. 4 ej2's and 2 ej1's. They were all crappy to the point where I would have to redo the interior, NEED a new paint job, replace headlight because they weren't even the same on both sides, and EVERY SINGLE ONE have a broken taillights like wtf. And these guys were charging upwards of $3000 for those POS's. The best engine out of all of them was a D16z6. One the other hand this one is clean with a good swap, interior is mint, all the windows, sunroof work, he even left all the a/c parts so all i would need is a belt. Idk if their are cleaner civics in your states but the ones here suck ass.
I'd say go for it then bro! Take it to a mechanic like meineke, and they'll do a pre-purchase inspection on it. Or at least mention taking it to a mechanic and see how he reacts. and if everything checks out, I'd get it

Vtec'n

u can get a way better car for 3500 i was going to pick up this 2000 si clone with b18 swap super clean for the same price.