help

robk66

5+ Year Member
Hey i was wondering if anyone knows how to hook up a toggle switch so it can shut off the power in my car so it wont start unless the toggle switch is on anyone know?

jerk334

Hearts my SOHC
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
did you google? Search the threads? ohh i forgot Clubcivc was like soup kitchen, let me get it for you.

anyways, the best idea is a fuel shut off which will not allow fuel to be pumped into the engine. other people have ran additional switches to other start related realys and or power wires, but you can always roll start a civic as long as the spark plugs have juice and the fuel pump will cut on, which is on (I) i beleive. anyways. here ya go
http://www.honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=2076997

robk66

5+ Year Member
I have a fuel shut off switch. but i need one that will shut off the power to everything reason why if i turn my fuel shut off switch the car still runs till the fuel lines are empty i need something that will shut everything off...but thanks alot

Naught260

5+ Year Member
Do you need killswitch for racing or is this for security?

Naught260

5+ Year Member
You either need two killswitches, with one wired to the fuel pump and the other to the ignition, or better yet, one switch wired to both.

What kind of racing are you doing? The class you're competing in should have specifications for what you need.

If you're street racing, then nevermind, just cough up the $40 or so and go to an autocross. Keep it off the streets please.

robk66

5+ Year Member
Its for oval track racing and yes i wanna wire one switch to both i have the fuel pump wired up jsut trying to figure out how i can hook up to shut power off to the car