help

2slo4u

wait4me
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
dont think a dealer is going to give you it to you for the price they got it for..thats almost half off for them..but never hurts to ask

purpej1

honda fiend
Registered VIP
i say keep looking its got 121k on it and they want nearly 7k for it thats crazy to me i've seen those go for 3.5-4k.

bones420

5+ Year Member
if they don't go for it, i would look around a little more cause thats a little high for a 01.
It's possible u could get it for 5700, but u never know. I paid almost 5k with 80k miles
for an 02.

lowlife9

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
way to much money get one from a private seller not a dealer i paid 3,000 cash for my 2004 with 80,000 miles on it three years ago.

lowlife9

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
good luck with that maybe if you knew the owner of the dealership.

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I would bet a good guess that there is not a chance in hell that you will get it for what they paid for it, if they even paid that. How do you know what they paid for it? Are you just going off of internet numbers which are false? Dealers use a different price matrix for trade ins and prices than that of what it says on sites like KBB and NADA. Those sites are mainly just an estimate of what things are worth and not actual truth.

You have to understand that they are in business to MAKE MONEY. They aren't going to essentially give stuff away for free. There is a profit that they need to make or else they wouldn't be in business for long.

I am sorry, but unless your aunt works in dealer finance or has in the past, she has no idea. I guess it can't hurt to ask but don't get your hopes up.