Hey every one Quick question about my 93 ex civic on start up ANY ONE WHO SEES THIS

Ben9919591

5+ Year Member
I got a 93 ex civic sedan. Every time i start the car especially during the cold, one of my belts squeak on start up. After a second or 2 it goes away and never squeaks while running only on start up. I 90% sure its the timing belt that does that. Any suggestion especially if you had this problem before would be GREATLY APPRECIATED!!!!!

Midnight_EG

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
It's loose, go tighten it.

Neutrilizer

5+ Year Member
I highly doubt it's your timing belt.

It's the only toothed belt, and if it was slipping your timing would be off and your car would run like crap. Tighten the Power steering, A/C, Alternator first and if it continues to squeak check the timing belt. It's possible something fell into your timing cover and is rubbing against the belt.

Ben9919591

5+ Year Member
illl check all the other belts first and this one last thats if it still squeaks. Thanks for the suggestions

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I got a 93 ex civic sedan. Every time i start the car especially during the cold, one of my belts squeak on start up. After a second or 2 it goes away and never squeaks while running only on start up. I 90% sure its the timing belt that does that. Any suggestion especially if you had this problem before would be GREATLY APPRECIATED!!!!!
Damn that other 10%.. it's like the weather here. 80% chance of snow between 3-7 inches, and we don't even get a flurry :evil: