HFP 18" Wheels

snaker

The Snake Awaits You
5+ Year Member
These are awesome! They match the Galaxy Gray perfectly. I saw them on a Habanero Si & they looked good too. I just have to wax them real good & I'll put them on as soon as it gets a little warmer. I really dont care for the 17 stockers. The only thing I don't like about the 18's is that they put dunlop sp901 sports on there. Tirerack has the wet traction rating way low (like 6 or less). It just gives me a chance to burn through them & replace them with something good.

Last edited:

Declectic

SeanJohn1802
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
the only draw back is that those rims are heavy as a mutha!! but they do look nice on GGM =)

rei

jSolo
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
they look alright, but to me with as much as you have to pay for those you could always get something else..

SiRcivic27

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
snaker, whats the weight on those? I would assume because they are from honda they arent 20lbs... just intereted. should look awesome! cant wait to see pics

Declectic

SeanJohn1802
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
chinoiswok said:
23 pounds ea rim. dont they come in Gunmetal finish also??
they only come in one finish.. i'm sure the camera flash kind of changed the way the color looks :what:

42Steps

Welcome my son....
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Can't wait to see them on the car... :D

chinoiswok said:
dont they come in Gunmetal finish also??
Ummm.... Those are gunmetal... :lol:

Team2000

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
SphynxJDM96 said:
tires are gonna wear quicker
Care to expand on that some? I mean, sure I could see a difference of 200+ pound over an amount of time causing faster wear.. but say a tottal of 40 extra pounds max....?? Thats like not even another passanger.

snaker

The Snake Awaits You
5+ Year Member
Don't know what they weigh. But they look way better than the 17" ones. I paid cost for them because I have connections in the honda dealership. If anyone can get an official spec on the weight it would be cool.

chinoiswok

Wrench The Kid
5+ Year Member
snaker said:
Don't know what they weigh. But they look way better than the 17" ones. I paid cost for them because I have connections in the honda dealership. If anyone can get an official spec on the weight it would be cool.
the links in my last post, has the specs. checkem out.

1stcivic

5+ Year Member
I have been looking at the 17" HFP's.

Wheel weight and tire weight are important This is not like adding a 200lb subwoofer in the trunk (which is pretty stupid), this is far worse. The thing about wheels is you have to spin them, and that takes much more effort than it does to move an object that isn't spinning. You're dealing with the polar moment of inertia.

In fact, just for fun I looked up how much straight-line performance you'd lose by switching from 16" wheels to 17" wheels if the wheels weighed the same. It'd be about like adding 200 static weight to the car, which would take an additional 11ft-lbs of torque (roughly 15hp @ the rev limiter) to compensate and get the same acceleration as a stock car. That's bad enough.

But no 17" wheel is as light as the stock 16's. What will the total combination?

How much static weight will be added to the car. Think about that number. If for example it was almost 30% of your car's entire weight. In order for the car to accelerate like it did STOCK, you'd have to gain back 42ft-lbs of torque over the ENTIRE rev range. At the rev limiter, you'd need to be making 55 extra horsepower. Not gonna happen without forced induction. So basically, you'll need to supercharge your car to keep pace with a stock 16" wheels.

Bling bling though, right?

Now you know why people with big rims get laughed at. Clowns wear big shoes too, but they're supposed to be funny.

Oh, and that's assuming you get the tires to fit in the first place, and then manage to make it over a pothole. You should aim to keep the volume of air in a tire constant when plus-sizing, which is why you should always upgrade to a wider wheel and wider tire when plus-sizing (a reason why Porsche uses hollow spokes!).

Oh, and I almost forgot to mention- that extra weight that you're adding to the vehicle? You're going to have to slow it down, too. Good thing the Civic has four wheel disk , cause you're going to need every ounce of them.

mugen00

American Honda=Domestic
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i like those but they're too overpriced for me and too heavy. You can buy a nice set of used volks for around the same price. Car is looking good but you need a drop ASAP!

rei

jSolo
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
they do look nice on galaxy grey.. Ill give you that..

1stcivic

5+ Year Member
17" HFP-R7 Factory Performance Alloy Wheel for my 2006 Civic EX

I went with the 17" HFP-R7 Factory Performance Alloy Wheel for my 2006 Civic EX because;

They match the Galaxy Gray on my car perfectly.

I didn't have to worry about wheel offset when ordering from a 3rd party.

Honda also provides the tire spec of P215/45R17.

Keeps my Honda Care warranty valid.