HFP Suspension 07 SI

Speedsterp

5+ Year Member
Bought a new Civic SI recently and really enjoy this car. The first modification I want to make is suspension upgrade (i.e. lowering) or cold air intake. Was interested to find out if anyone has had any experience with the HFP suspension kit. I understand it lowers the 07 SI by about 1". Does the ride become much more rigid than stock? Will the SI corner better with the HFP suspension. Not sure if it just lowered by 1" or are the struts and such an upgrade?

If you would not recommend the HFP suspension, what would you recommend and why.

Thanks for any input.

thenick

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Im wondering the same thing.

jpcrash

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
The Cold Air is cool. I enjoy the sound from it. I think most of us are waiting to see how different suspensions ride before we invest..at least that is what i'm doing. I'm waiting to see how other peoples rides are before i spend a grand on lowering the car

SiRcivic27

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
you can get the suspension for less than $600 on ebay or online at discount honda part dealers. Yes it makes the car ride more stiffly but by how much I cant say because I dont daily drive an stock Si or one with HFP. When I get my FG2 I'll be doing the suspension right away though just for the drop to get rid of most of the wheel gap.

BFDRWC

5+ Year Member
drop 07 Si Civic 4 Dr

[/URL][/IMG]OK you all I just got my Civic about 3 months now ,,,, and yes I had to drop it ...... I got the TEIN springs and they give me a good ride I fine it to be a bit softer then the Org ride and a bit smother ....but then I only put it on On Sat ... I know you need to do at less 1000 mile then cheack your drop I got a 1.5 drop ..after I drop the car and meg... it was a 1 1/4 I think it will drop the next 1/4 in a few more day if you all need the info about where I got them from look at this site ... it cost me 172.68 ship to my door ... I order them on Wed night at about 11pm , and I got the spring Sat by 2pm ... now that is fast ...

http://www.highperformanceoutlet.com/servlet/the-66/Tein-S.Tech-Lowering-Springs/Detail[/url]

Speedsterp

5+ Year Member
I have the HFP suspension on order and hope to have it installed soon. I will follow up with the results when completed.

Speedsterp

5+ Year Member
The HFP suspension kit was installed last night on my 07 Civic SI sedan. The total drop without driving the vehicle is 5/8" rear and 3/8" front. This might change after driving for 500 - 1,000 miles, I will advise. The ride has remained fairly comfortable as compared with stock, but the suspension does react quicker to road imperfections. You can feel the road a bit more, but the car is quite solid. Going around corners on the way home there was less body roll or movement, more planted feel. The suspension that Honda is providing for the HFP kit is manufactured by Showa, which makes shocks for motorcycles so good R&D I would think. I will have to drive it more to get more feel and input. I think it looks good although I thought it would lower a bit more. I measured my car at 26" from the ground to the center of the fender well before and after. Costs were good as the total kit was $595.00 including tax in California. Friend at the dealer helped me out on costs.

t85konrad

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
k let us know cusi plan on getting mostly HFP part my self well other then rims in getting those this nov.

Tom

honda.co.jp
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Honda has now started to add the Mugen parts to the parts catalog in dealerships, i would say check on the price of that set up if you could afford it, i'm sure it's going to be salty as hell, matter of fact i'll look at the price today just to get you a price on it at my cost, still not going to be cheap.

Tom

honda.co.jp
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
$1200.00 for the mugen suspension from honda at my cost, $1700.00 retail for mugen suspension from honda.

Rev_High06

5+ Year Member
i had the skunk2 springs and the ride wasnt to bad but now i have the tein superstreets on it and it ride rough as hell even with the dampers on the softest setting but i like it

Speedsterp

5+ Year Member
I saw the first Honda Mugen today at a dealership. I measured the suspension drop on this vehicle and found that there is no drop in the front end and only 1/4" drop in the rear over the stock dimensions. I measure from ground to the top of the wheel well in the center line of wheel this dimension stock is 26". The mugen car was 26" front and 25-3/4" rear.

My Honda Civic with about 1,000 miles on the HFP suspension sits at 25-1/4" all the way around the vehicle, or a 3/4" drop over stock.

Sales person said to push on the front end over the wheel well to see how stiff it is versus stock. It was stiffer than stock, however, when pushing on my SI with HFP suspension I did not note any significant difference. Not a great test just interesting information. You cannot really tell performance differences until out on the road, which is unlikely without buying the car. The car is priced at $29K, plus dealer markup, I question if I would pay that kind of money for cosmetic differences. Only performance changes are the suspension, and cat back exhaust. I would have thought the engine would have some performance increase.

3rdCoast

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
yeah the mugen is a rip, i thought it only had an axleback exhaust and i heard only mugen owners could get the mugen parts and that they have to show proof of purchase....

back on topic im probably gonna go with an eibach prokit, might be a lil less or a drop than the tein stech springs...... i'll role with springs till the stock shocks go out and by then there should be some good aftermarket options out

on the hfp suspention u get it all underwarranty as with springs u wont.... the hfp kit doesnt seem like a bad deal ppl seem happy with it. Some wish it lowered the car more. I dont know if u have the coupe or seden but the sedens seem like they are lower than coupes so the hfp kit on a seden may look lower than on the coupes.....

Speedsterp

5+ Year Member
My SI is a sedan and it lowered about 3/4" all the way around. Handling became much better no lean going through corners.

squidmaster

pen0r squid
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
the tein SS is really soft I heard, good for daily driver but not good for track.