hid conversion question

2slo4u

wait4me
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i got some projector/halo headlights laying around that i use to have on my car..can i just use those projectors and fit it on my stock headlights and get hids to work with those?

thanks

Genuine Rolla

Its PETEY PETE, y0!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
technically you can do that. The only thing is that those are halogen projectors and so the output will be very similiar to mine...which...is something that i can live with till i upgrade to hid projectors . I'd rather have some hot spots with HID than less lightoput with halogen.

the output isnt all that bad for the projectors tho bro. check your PM.

Holman_00

5+ Year Member
yea yea listen to him his smart n u can do it ur self it will take about the day of work to take apart n put back together my bro did it in his del sol her put the s2000 projectors loooks bad ass

vincentek9

5+ Year Member
s2k projectors are wicked ass sick and have the cleanest cutoff. i'm about to start my s2k retrofit into my 96 stock headlights.

Genuine Rolla

Its PETEY PETE, y0!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
it'll take more than a day because of all the testing and finding out what spot the projectors looks good in and then finding what will work for a bezel and shroud.....as long as you plan out what you are going to use and have a general idea of what you want it to look like...it makes it that much easier. it'll take time tho. i'll be posting my write up as i start mine later on today or tomorrow.

Holman_00

5+ Year Member
Genuine Rolla said:
it'll take more than a day because of all the testing and finding out what spot the projectors looks good in and then finding what will work for a bezel and shroud.....as long as you plan out what you are going to use and have a general idea of what you want it to look like...it makes it that much easier. it'll take time tho. i'll be posting my write up as i start mine later on today or tomorrow.

yea his right more then a day, ill be looking forward to ur post.

2slo4u

wait4me
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
do you have hid's in ur projectors now? ( in ur sig pic)

i was think'n about getting 10k..are those illegal?

dyce590

True Life:I drive a Civic
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
if you have the $ and patience for a retrofit then do it. if not, go the other route if you want it that bad.
With dealerships selling HIDs in their cars, its hard to tell who had illegal HIDs. the only ways i can tell are if: you get a deep blue, purple,green,red...or the main problem... you dont adjust them down so you blind any1 in your path.
here in ny i have a friend who has 8k (i think thats deep blue) and he aimed his down. hes driven past many cops and has never been stopped

2slo4u

wait4me
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
im not too familiar with with retrofitting or aiming..i'd have to look at it first to do it..patience i have..money? no no

=)

XGENRACER

5+ Year Member
Genuine Rolla said:
technically you can do that. The only thing is that those are halogen projectors and so the output will be very similiar to mine...which...is something that i can live with till i upgrade to hid projectors . I'd rather have some hot spots with HID than less lightoput with halogen.

the output isnt all that bad for the projectors tho bro. check your PM.
Check this out gives you all the info you need about HID's and retrofitting

http://www.clubcivic.com/board/showthread.php?t=44217&highlight=hid+retrofit

2slo4u

wait4me
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
can i use supra headlight projectors? will those work good with HID's?

XGENRACER

5+ Year Member
it doesn't matter what projectors you use, you just gotta make sure that they are HID projectors and not halogen projectors.

EM1_Chris

5+ Year Member
For the best light output, get 4300k which are stock from bmw, audi...It has greater lumnens than the higher K colors which decrease as the K color goes up.

XGENRACER

5+ Year Member
EM1_Chris said:
For the best light output, get 4300k which are stock from bmw, audi...It has greater lumnens than the higher K colors which decrease as the K color goes up.
4300 is too yellow for HID's though, 6000k still does almost the same output of light but looks way sicker, don't go above 6000 though, there was a civic behind me today that had probably 6000k's in his stock 92-95 housings and it blinded the s**t outta me in freakin daylight, so annoying, that is why you don't put HID's in mirror housings cuz they dont' do you any better they just throw light every way under the sun