hid foglights

mc360

boosted hx
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Hey guys I have a 96 ek coupe and one of my bulbs in my foglights has gone out and I have been wanting to buy some hids for them. I have cheap yellow eBay fogs( I know I want to buy some password fogs) anyways there not yellow enough for me anymore, the glass has faded a little so I want 3k hids. I have seen the h3c hids and read there a little shorter the regular hids but I don't know where I should buy them can anyone make any suggestions? I bought my last pair of hids from ddm tuning and I like the warranty. Thanks for any help guys

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Don't put HID's in halogen reflector housings. The housings are not meant for HID's and do not properly disperse the light. That's why you get glare/scatter.

Just get regular H3 bulbs. PIAA Crystal Ion bulbs are fantastic yellow bulbs with a hint of blue/purple depending on how you look at them.

mylovehx

Hatches rock
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Don't put HID's in halogen reflector housings. The housings are not meant for HID's and do not properly disperse the light. That's why you get glare/scatter.

Just get regular H3 bulbs. PIAA Crystal Ion bulbs are fantastic yellow bulbs with a hint of blue/purple depending on how you look at them.
x2 Good ol John squashing them crazy HID people one thread at a time:headbang:

95CTR

52mpg? I do it all day.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Hey guys I have a 96 ek coupe and one of my bulbs in my foglights has gone out and I have been wanting to buy some hids for them. I have cheap yellow eBay fogs( I know I want to buy some password fogs) anyways there not yellow enough for me anymore, the glass has faded a little so I want 3k hids. I have seen the h3c hids and read there a little shorter the regular hids but I don't know where I should buy them can anyone make any suggestions? I bought my last pair of hids from ddm tuning and I like the warranty. Thanks for any help guys

or you could do the blazer fog retro that they sell on theretrofitsource.com

mc360

boosted hx
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
thanks for the input guys but im still looking into hids. basically the h3c is the same size as the standard halogen bulb which keeps the arc of the light in the same spot so it shouldnt be to bad with glare.i looked at those blazers and they look good but i wouldnt mount them externally and im not to into trying to retrofit them into my fogs. if someone can point me in the direction of some hella bright yellow bulbs i might buy them but i dont want them to have a slight tint of any other color like above ^ .

THEDARKONE

Registered VIP
so you have the squre Fog lights??

just look for the brightest 6000 k lights that will fit in there

for that JDM look 3000 k

do you have any pics of them??

mc360

boosted hx
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
yes i have the square fogs. i want 3k because there yellow, with 6k they wouldnt wash out the yellow of the lenses probably. and just regular h3 hids i have read are way to long for my foglight housing

mylovehx

Hatches rock
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
thanks for the input guys but im still looking into hids. basically the h3c is the same size as the standard halogen bulb which keeps the arc of the light in the same spot so it shouldnt be to bad with glare.i looked at those blazers and they look good but i wouldnt mount them externally and im not to into trying to retrofit them into my fogs. if someone can point me in the direction of some hella bright yellow bulbs i might buy them but i dont want them to have a slight tint of any other color like above ^ .
If you do HID's with no projectors it WILL blind the phuuuuuuuck outta people.

mc360

boosted hx
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
35w foglight hids wont be as bad as my 55w hids in my headlights though. i just found piaa plasma ion yellow and i might get those but idk. i really dont want to run another set of wiring and hid ballasts in my car

Mr.Baker

Mr. Search
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i really dont want to run another set of wiring and hid ballasts in my car
Response seems to be par for the course, for most ppl who "modify" Hondas'.

Why do things the correct way when you can cut corners?:roll:

mc360

boosted hx
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I don't understand what your trying to say? You saying installing hids with ballast and wiring is cutting corners?

THEDARKONE

Registered VIP
Response seems to be par for the course, for most ppl who "modify" Hondas'.

Why do things the correct way when you can cut corners?:roll:
I know what you mean :thumbs up

ok dude i know its your car and all to to be frank with you you shuld of saved your mony for a couple more weeks and got OEM i dont think you would of had this problem :idea:

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
There is no reason anyone should be using 55W bulbs for the sole purpose of getting more light. Unless they come stock or you're running offroad lights where you need the most light possible, 35W is more than enough. There are some great bulbs out these days.

If you want to stick with halogen but get something bright and yellow, PIAA Crystal Ion bulbs. They used to be about $55-60 back when I got em, they could be cheaper now. I actually believe they're 55W but I could be mistaken. Don't think they make them in 35W but I've been running for over 3 years without issues.

mc360

boosted hx
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Honestly I wasn't cutting corners because I wanted to, I didn't and still dont know where to buy Oem fogs. I'm all about Oem and I have only come across like 2 used pairs of Oem fogs but I want brand new s**t and I don't want clear. I like the square style 96 98 fogs I don't want the round raybrig ones so I'm kinda limited to my options. Ok I think i will try out the piaa's any good site to buy them from? I have found them on eBay but idk if there knockoffs

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
As long as they are described as PIAA's and show PIAA packaging, they are genuine. Usually high-rated or top sellers that redistribute aftermarket products on eBay are honest when they list their products. It's the newly registered sellers or individuals sellers that you have to watch out for. But as long as the description lists it as what it is, it's genuine. If you still hesitant, you can also message them.

Mr.Baker

Mr. Search
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I don't know what brand you have, but I have had no issues with my DEPO brand square, yellow fog lights.
Had them for about 5 yrs on 2 different cars.
They ran less than $75 for the kit and it's basically an OEM replica, plug n play.

mc360

boosted hx
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I have had two pairs of eBay replica fogs and they have both been good. I had smoked ones that the glass cracked and then broke out and now both my yellow ones are cracked and a little faded. Are the password Jdm fogs worth the extra money? Or are the just depo replicas being sold by password ?