HID Glare Shield Question

veca1987

I.T. SOHC i-VTEC
5+ Year Member
Hey guys, i just got my HID Convertion kit in and installed. Only Problem i am having is that it is very bright and i think i could get a ticket for it. They are 4500k and i like to keep them, is there a way that i can make a glare shield out of like aluminum or like aluminum foil just not to throw the lights that far? I am eventially going to get projector headlights but i wana keep this just as temp...

Bheims

Bustin windows outcha car
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
cause of glare = HIDs in non HID housings. You'll have a tough time getting the light output you want by fitting a diy glare shield. HIDs look really cool but your going to blind everyone else on the road. Ebay projectors + HIDs would be better than stock housings + HIDs imo.

WalkingComplex

Stock As All Hell
Registered VIP
thats probably ur best bet. sorry to thread jack but i was leaving class last night and some guy switched to HIDs after he was away from the school. Near the school he had regular headlights. Is this how all HIDs are, or did he do something different?

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
my HID's are aimed *slightly* down... enough where I can still see fine for a good distance, and rarely get flashed. I'd say 1/month.. lol

Bheims

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
so just remove them for the time being until i get projectors?
thats what Id do. sorry im not too familiar with the projectors for the 08s but id do some research of your options. Often times, the cheapest projector will have the cheapest lenses which will melt when combined with HIDs. If your a pretty hands on person Id look into retrofitting your stock headlights...or if money isnt an issue look into a place like http://www.lightwerkz.net/

Genuine Rolla

Its PETEY PETE, y0!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
That's interesting. From what I heard, 8th gen civic headlights could handle HID's pretty well and had a nice beam pattern, without much ghosting.

Bheims

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member

Genuine Rolla

Its PETEY PETE, y0!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Here's a photo from that thread -

That's pretty damn good.

veca1987

I.T. SOHC i-VTEC
5+ Year Member
Yeah thanks for the pic. I just lowered them down a bit but i have to wait till tonight to see what they look like. I just don't want them to be blinding to people when i drive around.

veca1987

I.T. SOHC i-VTEC
5+ Year Member
The reason why the lights on the pic look so clean is because the bulbs that came with the kit have a glare shield on it, so its not distorting it. Mine still kind of doo...i will have to do some more tinkering tomorrow with it...any suggestions?

Genuine Rolla

Its PETEY PETE, y0!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
huh...never gotten a ticket for mine.

Can't wait to see the pics