hid in halogen reflector housing

onenighter712

5+ Year Member
:evil: ok guys. .
i'm pissed. i bought the dual hi/low beam kit from superhids.com for $410. it's the 5300k kit and i knew it was a rebased conversion kit. they take bohmen/mcculloch hid kits and sell it through the site.
well i had em installed yesterday and hold s**t. . i have a whole lot more light BUT . .
it scatters everywhere like a motherfucker and i'm doing more research on it and NOW i see the con's with these kits . .
you guys advised not to put hid kits onto halogen / reflector housing but i did anyways. .
IS THERE ANYTHING I CAN DO to REDUCE or MINIMIZE the scatter and glare i'm witnessing? :evil:

vietnameeh

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
not really.. i guessu can spend money on shields...

stop making 10 million posts on the same shyt

MasterShake

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
vietnameeh said:
not really.. i guess u can spend money on shields...

stop making 10 million posts on the same shyt
and read my sig

gearbox

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
yea that happens with junk kits. you cant slap hid in halogen and expect not to have glare. i used a catz kit from japan and there was very little glare (never got flashed). but the kit was also $650.

ExLs3386

5+ Year Member
Well i know now im definitley going with the retrofit.... excellent visibility with a clean cut off line and no hot spots on the road... it cant get any better than that...

LatinEM2

La Raza #2
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
you might wanna try casper's shields..they help fix some scatter...

gearbox

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
yea try the shields. they help but not completely. retrofit is the best option.

onenighter712

5+ Year Member
the hid's i got are bohmen. i already began adjusting and it has gotten much better, but i dont know whether i'm adjusting the horizontal or vertical liners. . . if anyone knows for sure how to adjust the headlights, let me know

gearbox

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
there might be one or two gears depending on the light. you should be able to tell what you are adjusting if you park it 15 feet from a white wall. just watch if the beam goes vertical or horizontal.