hid kit

09si

does anybody know a reliable hid kit (low beams, high beams, and fogs) and where to buy from? thx

Indy_Civic

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
The retrofit source or Morimoto make high quality kits. Maybe simply hid or xenon depot. Make sure you use projectors or turn your headlights down.

2slo4u

wait4me
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
you dont need hid kits for your hi-beams..you won't use your hi-beams long enough for the bulbs to fully warm up unless you constantly drive with your hi-beams on, which would make no sense. and if you turn your hid bulbs on and off real quick it'll ruin the bulb

09si

would the low beams be brighter than my normal brights anyways?

2slo4u

wait4me
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
would the low beams be brighter than my normal brights anyways?
they should, but they shouldn't be pointed as high..aim your low beams low so when you turn your hi-beams they'll aim hi for the moment you need them..
aiming your low beams low will also not blind the other drivers

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Using a plug and play HID kit in stock halogen reflectors is a no-no in my book. No matter how low you point them, you'll still blind the crap out of oncoming traffic.

There are bright halogen bulbs available. Philips Xtreme Power or Osram Nightbreakers. Only available from overseas as far as I know. From powerbulbs.com. They're UK based but ship fast. I've bought from them more than once.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk