hid lights

yeevaj

5+ Year Member
my driver side hid seems a little brighter than the passenger side...i've tried adjusting it but no luck...any idea what could be wrong...here's what i thought: maybe the bulb was install wrong...maybe at a angle causing the more light to escape the reflector....

projektej8

-------------------------
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
thats a possibility.....talk to the guy at jdm lighting. he is very helpful whether it's his kit or not

EK|B

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Are they using the same ballasts?

knivesout

¬ µ ∫ ç π
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Make sure both bulbs are seated properly in the headlight, check if your headlights are aimed correctly. If they aren't then it might appear that one is brighter than the other. Also assuming ballasts and bulbs are the same???

yeevaj

5+ Year Member
figured it out...it wasn't align right...my hid also make an odd beam...i'll take some pix and show you guys...also would it matter how the bulb sits in the housing...oh by the way i have projectors...for example one bulb sits different than the other...

here are the pics...let me know if that is normal...
pay attention to the circle...

knivesout

¬ µ ∫ ç π
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
What do you mean one bulb sits different than the other? It looks like your lights are kind of pointing towards each other. I think if you adjusted the driver's side more to the left it might help your problem. That cutoff looks pretty good though, what kind of projectors are you using?

yeevaj

5+ Year Member
What do you mean one bulb sits different than the other? It looks like your lights are kind of pointing towards each other. I think if you adjusted the driver's side more to the left it might help your problem. That cutoff looks pretty good though, what kind of projectors are you using?
never mind about how the one bulb sits differ than the other. cool i'll try to adjust the driver side a little to the left. i have some ebay projectors and hids.

knivesout

¬ µ ∫ ç π
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Did you get a single beam or bi-xenon kit, and what kelvin temp. did you get? Are you satisfied with the light output?

Sorry for all the questions, but I'm just wondering cause I've heard a lot about the ebay projectors not working very well with HID...

knivesout

¬ µ ∫ ç π
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
You can get the bulbs or a kit if you want the deep blue look, just know that the actual light output will suck.

JDMDRIVEREK

k gotcha..
well i still have my silvanie superstar bulbs and sum pepboyz set..
but ill try them out if i dont like it ill sell em on craiglist

jimmo

5+ Year Member
nothing wrong with your bulbs....
they make it point down. check the lower part of the lighting on your garage, they do that often so it's not in oncomming traffic's eyes... more road less in other ppl's eyes, that's all.

DarkCreep

D16Y8+T
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Installing HID's is extremely simple. Kinda like a direct bulb replacement.

If you want that tacky, ricer deep blue ones, go for the 8000K HID kits.