HID on CTR headlights

nighthawk

The One
5+ Year Member
today I just finished this project. Just friendly advice - dont do this at home!!!!
Now I have to modifie somehow. I will probably add that metal thing above the bulb (that what all normal headlights have)....cause this 2 much....

nighthawk

The One
5+ Year Member
edit: that metal thing is glare shield

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
HID's don't use that piece in front of the bulb. They're supposed to be bright. How intense/bright are they? And please don't say over 8K...

nighthawk

The One
5+ Year Member
they are 6k........when I went home at night everyone blink at me....
When you use hid on normal headlights works fine, cause u have that glare shield. But on OEM CTR beam is too high....

Genuine Rolla

Its PETEY PETE, y0!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
whynot just get some oem usdm headlights...instead of trying to put a deflector on oem ctr's...which as you know, dont have.

nighthawk

The One
5+ Year Member
well now I chanded my mind, I will put some OEMs on. Here in EU oems are your SiR. They also dont have that amber reflector, they have City lights. Difference is only in that dark chrome and glare shield. I sure hope I will be able to paint inside of the lights in "dark chrome"....

nighthawk

The One
5+ Year Member
BTW: what site do you guys use to upload?

as to the install: u wont see nothing, cause we made it that way:D

K2_civic

Fo-drizzle!!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
What the f**k does CTR and ITR stand for? Is it civic and integra type R?

K2_civic

Fo-drizzle!!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Vitamin_EK9 said:
thats correct +1 for u
I only figured it out, just as I was writing that thread, something that has been bothering me for a long time and it was such a simple answer

outaurleague

ALWAYZ OutaUrLeague
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Ctr /itr

kabulski said:
I only figured it out, just as I was writing that thread, something that has been bothering me for a long time and it was such a simple answer
LMAO, yeah i do that on some of our car talk. Always fun to be right.

Genuine Rolla

Its PETEY PETE, y0!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
if you happen to find a spare set of sir headlights that you dont want, i know someone that does..... ;)

outaurleague

ALWAYZ OutaUrLeague
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Genuine Rolla said:
if you happen to find a spare set of sir headlights that you dont want, i know someone that does..... ;)
Have you changed the bulbs in your fogs yet ? Im thinkin about swappin em out for some h3 HIDs to match the headlights ? Just want your opinion.

RHennin

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
So im gonna guess that hids arent exactly a good idea if you want to actually improve the quality of the light thats output so u can see better at night

one6

Shorts and Sandals FTW!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
RHennin said:
So im gonna guess that hids arent exactly a good idea if you want to actually improve the quality of the light thats output so u can see better at night
not exactly, they are a superb way of lighting up the road at night as long as it's done right (which usually mean s retrofitting).