Hid Please!

civhatch92

That's my honda.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Anyone know where to get a good quality HID kit for OEM lights?
..how about a good place to get OEM lights, I think I'm sick of my projectors, they're cheap and fog up. JDM lights would be so much better!

BlackHopeDC5

Is Black Again??? :shock:
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
buy my hid kit.. 120 and everybody loves my hid's

civhatch92

That's my honda.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
What brand are they? Will they fit 1992 OEM headlights?
..I kinda need to buy OEM headlights first, I still have projectors..

BlackHopeDC5

Is Black Again??? :shock:
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
they are banzai express hid's and they will fit the oem headlamps

bman

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
using hids in oem reflectors isn't a good idea... people do it but you don't get the same quality of light output as you would with a retrofit or with aftermarket projectors... well actually most aftermarket projectors suck balls.. i had denji angeleye projectors and it didn't spread the light out very well and there basically wasn't even a cut off line.. the light was all over the place... but the tyc projectors have almost oem quality light output... they are probably the only aftermarket projectors you should use for hid kits..... but like i was saying using oem reflectors will have you shining light at everyones face....looks good... but doesn't do a good job.... id say do a search on this topic and read up on it before you decide to do anything... figure out what you want to do and make sure its what you want.... this way you won't end up regretting it..

deebs9000

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Ive had aftermarket projectors and they were horrible. Actually they were decent until they fogged up and stayed like that. I replaced them with black housing reflectors later on. I just recently put in a bi-xenon hid kit and haven't had a problem with the beam shooting all over the place. The kit I invested in actaully came with a glare shield to eliminate this problem

EG Hatch

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
hey bman, i just noticed that you are from toronto. haha i couldve went and visited you on thursday. but anyway. what bman said. i used to have oem with xenon bulbs and they were bright and worked really nice. i have a set of oem front lights, signals too. mint shape. i dont know what they go for. i would sell them but dont think im going to at the moment. i know exactly how you feel about the projectors fogging up.

maluskeeter

5+ Year Member
i got some nice hid kits here..dependable and come with a 14 month warranty..i jus had a guy with a civic who bought an 8k he loves em...i can post pics up if interested...

civhatch92

That's my honda.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
maluskeeter said:
i got some nice hid kits here..dependable and come with a 14 month warranty..i jus had a guy with a civic who bought an 8k he loves em...i can post pics up if interested...

Post up some pics please, I'm interested!
are the bixenon? or do they only have HID on the low or hibeam?

Genuine Rolla

Its PETEY PETE, y0!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
i'd go with 4300K or 6000K. any higher than that and you start to lose light output.

maluskeeter

5+ Year Member
one of my recent customers who bought a kit from me..he loves the difference...

i have the single beam model (for low beam only) and bi-xenon for both high and low beam.

single beam for $160 and high beam for $210..shipping is free..

JMan8108

SOHC VTEC SON!!!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
do you have any cutoff pics from customers in reflector housings?

chunky

'94 hatch Si
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
maluskeeter said:
one of my recent customers who bought a kit from me..he loves the difference...

i have the single beam model (for low beam only) and bi-xenon for both high and low beam.

single beam for $160 and high beam for $210..shipping is free..
nice car, wish i was so lucky:cool:

RHennin

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
The main question is, how is the light output with these HIDs that you guys are showing pics of. Def. would like to see if theres a decent cut line and a focused looking light dispersion.

civhatch92

That's my honda.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
RHennin said:
The main question is, how is the light output with these HIDs that you guys are showing pics of. Def. would like to see if theres a decent cut line and a focused looking light dispersion.
yah id like to know that too..

slowcivic E G

bla bla bla
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ask kyle10182, he has an awesome set on his oems, they look pretty sick, and very bright.