HID Projectors installed!

97civicMan

Knucklehead h8r
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Your driver side cutoff is crooked. Project needs to be turned counter-clockwise just a bit.

Keep an eye on your headlights too. My passenger headlight stopped building up condensation inside after I re-opened and sealed it but now my driver side is doing the same thing. It was SOAKED inside this morning from the low temperatures over night. I had no cut off and the light output sucked :lol:. Guess I gotta open it up. /sigh
Yeah I still have a few adjustments I need to do to fine tune them. Did u get the resealing glue with ur kit? I havnt had any problems with mine.

---
- Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Yeah I still have a few adjustments I need to do to fine tune them. Did u get the resealing glue with ur kit? I havnt had any problems with mine.

---
If you buy the projectors only, you don't get the option of buying re-sealing glue. I had to work with what I had. I called over a dozen local places (napa, auto zone, dealerships, etc.) and no one carries any butyl rubber. There's 3m window weld and s**t but I heard it's a pain in the ass to get the headlight back open if you use that stuff.

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Well there is a direct fit harness for your factory headlight plug. Then the projectors have two wires that come off them that u wire up to the supplied harness. There's no cutting involved as long as u get the h4 harness. It was all 280 plus shipping.

---
ah 280 and direct fit, i think ill do it. i just need to get home to deposit money. i need 20 more bucks, but home is 2.5 hours away lol

how much extra room is there for shrouds? i want one that will fill it out more

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I spent $210 for my setup. TRS projectors and relay harness and P&P HID kit. Either way, the install is pretty much the same.

97civicMan

Knucklehead h8r
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
If you buy the projectors only, you don't get the option of buying re-sealing glue. I had to work with what I had. I called over a dozen local places (napa, auto zone, dealerships, etc.) and no one carries any butyl rubber. There's 3m window weld and s*** but I heard it's a pain in the ass to get the headlight back open if you use that stuff.
Yeah that butyl rubber is the way to go. I have a vender at work that deals with autopart fasteners and all and i checked them they didnt carry it either. I tell you what John try and get a hold of a windsheild repair company near you they may carry it. If not im sure TRS would sell you some. I would highly recommend getting some though man cuz thats gotta be aggrevating as hell

ah 280 and direct fit, i think ill do it. i just need to get home to deposit money. i need 20 more bucks, but home is 2.5 hours away lol

how much extra room is there for shrouds? i want one that will fill it out more
Yeah thats for the whole kit all in one. Like John mentioned below he pieced his together and was cheaper but i just wanted to get everything from one place and not have to worry bout things not working together or just whatever you know. As for the shrouds theres room on the left, right and top but not much on the bottom. So unless you wanna do some trimming i really dont know brother. BUT if you do end up getting the whole kit make sure you get the H4 adapter plate and H4 harness and ALSO the resealing glue AKA butyl rubber. Trust me it will save you some headaches!

I spent $210 for my setup. TRS projectors and relay harness and P&P HID kit. Either way, the install is pretty much the same.
Yeah like i said though i just wanted to get everything from one place and with TRS being as reputable as they are, not having any worries if something was wrong.

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Yeah that butyl rubber is the way to go. I have a vender at work that deals with autopart fasteners and all and i checked them they didnt carry it either. I tell you what John try and get a hold of a windsheild repair company near you they may carry it. If not im sure TRS would sell you some. I would highly recommend getting some though man cuz thats gotta be aggrevating as hell
FYI - I just checked TRS and you can buy butyl rubber. They call it "OCi Butyl Rubber Glue". I e-mailed them asking about it, making sure I can open the headlight in the future in the event I need to. I've heard with stuff like 3m window weld or other stuff, it's a giant pain to get the headlight open after you use it.

97civicMan

Knucklehead h8r
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
FYI - I just checked TRS and you can buy butyl rubber. They call it "OCi Butyl Rubber Glue". I e-mailed them asking about it, making sure I can open the headlight in the future in the event I need to. I've heard with stuff like 3m window weld or other stuff, it's a giant pain to get the headlight open after you use it.
Well now this butyl rubber glue I got from TRS is soft and seems to stay that way. I promise ya John if u get that and use it and just so happen to need to get in your headlights again u WON'T have a problem doing so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

97civicMan

Knucklehead h8r
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
So I have been thinking I should paint my shrouds flat black? What does everybody think???? I dunno but I really don't want to take it all back apart!

Robin...

D-Series Soldier
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Thats sick man, you should make a build thread...;)

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I've taken both sides apart twice now. And I have to take my driver side apart again to clean the lens. It's easy as hell but it is not fun...

97civicMan

Knucklehead h8r
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Well right now they are gonna stay chrome. but i really think the black shrouds would look sick with my black housing! Just throwing some ideas around.

Thats sick man, you should make a build thread...;)
Thanks man. I appreciate that!

I've taken both sides apart twice now. And I have to take my driver side apart again to clean the lens. It's easy as hell but it is not fun...
Dang it John am i gonna have to buy you some butyl rubber glue and send it to your house!!!:lol::lol:

leothelion

d:p
Registered VIP
So I have been thinking I should paint my shrouds flat black? What does everybody think???? I dunno but I really don't want to take it all back apart!

YEAH!! DO IT!!! i would say spray the whole thing flat black!! the housing, reflector, and the shroud. though maybe do one of them in a gloss black?? or the whole thing is gloss black. but i would not leave any chrome on there if it was me, I really don't like chrome, it looks good in an engine, but not as a accent on a car. now that you don't need the reflector i would say spray it. I want to do the same thing to my headlights when i get my kit from TRS.

97civicMan

Knucklehead h8r
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
^^^im not totally sure if im gonna do it or not. Just some random thoughts u know. You said your getting a kit as well........if u need any help feel free too hit me up!