HId Question, Morimoto Mini retro fit

willowcairns

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I have a question, i want to retro fit my headlights with morimoto projectors. They require an h1 bulb, but my car uses H4 bulbs. Is there anyway that i can make the H1 bulbs work with my H4 connector so i can do this retrofit?

willowcairns

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Well after thinking about it my question is there an adapter made that i can plug an H1 bulb into and H4 connector, or do i have to mess with the wireing

gummer

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I thing you need to mess with the wiring, I have searched with no luck for some kind of adapter

steviezee47

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
just order the h1 piece that will plug into the ballast. HID use alot of power,when you first turn them on, you dont want wires possibly melting

willowcairns

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
just order the h1 piece that will plug into the ballast. HID use alot of power,when you first turn them on, you dont want wires possibly melting
What do you mean? What H1 piece? i need something that will take H1 and connect it to an H4

Modell

I just ordered a set from theretrofitsource.com and it comes with an adapter to change the projector to use an h4 bulb.
If you havent already bought them you might want to check out the site. I dont know if anyone sells just the adapter plates. I can take pics of it when I get them in the mail, maybe you can fabricate your own or start searching for pigtails. to change it. What if you just ordered the H1 bulbs that fit your HID ballast? Couldnt you just plug them into the ballast and use the H4 end to plug to the factory healight plug and the other end to the ballast.....or does that not make sense. IDK because I was in the same boat yesterday brainstorming diff solutions

leothelion

d:p
Registered VIP
It was my understanding that the retrofit made it so that the bulbs would be accepted. if you buy the morimoto minis, then you will be able to use the bulb that comes with them. dik. what you need to do is go to http://www.theretrofitsource.com/ and send them an email explaining in detail your problem. then sit back and prepare for the best customer service you have ever seen. seriously, i wont get my hids from anywhere else besides retrofit cuz of the quality of the customer service.

-also they are the cheapest for a complete quality kit. i ran the numbers getting hids from ddm and projectors from ebay, and it was more than a complete kit from retrofit, plus you get all the bonus stuff, like the relay and shrouds for really cheap.