Hid retro help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Novtecgoesbwahh

I just purchased my 6000K 35w hid kit from DDMtuning, waiting for it to arrive.
Yes, it'll be in my stock headlights.

Which leads me to my next question.
I've read and read and read, and can't figure out anything about this retrofitting deal.
People say it works really well, I just don't get it.

To me it seems like I have to buy a whole bunch of stuff, use shotty ebay halo projectors and somehow it comes out looking good?

Any and ALL help is GREATLY appreciated.

I want it looking as close to stock as possible, besides the output. Would like to keep the 6000K color. Bright white, hint of blue. Just a hint.
Also, if I'm going to be using the same headlights I have in my car now, what's a good way to go about cleaning them up? They're a little dingy.

If you could please break it down for me, it would be amazing.

Thanks a ton in advance.
Would really like to start saving up to piece this together.

Would I be using the hid's I have from ddmtuning?
What all would I need to buy?

Also seeing different conversations regarding different 'headlight styles' I guess, from Tsx/Tl/S2K?

Last edited by a moderator:

Turbo_Freak

BAMF
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
theretrofitsource.com has kits available to do a complete retrofit. One thing to keep in mind is that some projectors might interfere with the headlight housing and required you to do some modification. I have the Mini retrofits and did not require any modification to the headlight whatsoever.

Novtecgoesbwahh

So, you purchased the Morimoto h1 mini 6.0, the H1 Moritmoto 3five bulbs(whatever kelvin), a wiring relay:Bi-xenon motocontrol 9006/h4. What are the difference in shrouds?

Or should I use the d2s projectors?

Last edited by a moderator:

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
What do you mean you read and cant find any information? There is a ton of information on retrofitting. A member even did a huge how to on it that is a sticky in one of the forum sections.

Do a search for JohnS retrofit or just look around. The information is there. You can also go directly to the source at the link turbofreak posted. There is a forum there which is directly related to what you are asking.

Novtecgoesbwahh

What do you mean you read and cant find any information? There is a ton of information on retrofitting. A member even did a huge how to on it that is a sticky in one of the forum sections.

Do a search for JohnS retrofit or just look around. The information is there. You can also go directly to the source at the link turbofreak posted. There is a forum there which is directly related to what you are asking.
I've read the his thread.
He was justvague when he said "hid and relay harness"

If I were to buy the Mini H1, I would need an H4/9003 Relay harness right?
As well as an HID kit for H1 bulbs?

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Thread closed. Already have dialogue going in another thread. No need to have the same exact discussion in 2 threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.