HID running lights

Status
Not open for further replies.

liliana21286

so i ordered pink 35w HID kit pink running lights for my honda civic 2013 sedan. i tried them out and they flicker they cant manage to stay on. i thought they were no good and tested them out on my boyfriends car a bmw 97 and they worked fine. can someone help me on what's going on... plz

taluzer45

4 Banger Deluxe
Registered VIP
If your using them for the Daytime Running Lights (DRL's) ( which is your high beam lights at half power), they will not work ! this is because the high beams are a 55Watt system, while the HID's are 35watt, the DRL's are only supposed to operate off 27.5 watts ( half of 55W) and will not work with a 35Watt HID ballast! sadly there is nothing you can do to correct this! and attempting to use the lights on only 27.5 watts will severely damage the Ballasts! sorry to break you the news :(

liliana21286

If your using them for the Daytime Running Lights (DRL's) ( which is your high beam lights at half power), they will not work ! this is because the high beams are a 55Watt system, while the HID's are 35watt, the DRL's are only supposed to operate off 27.5 watts ( half of 55W) and will not work with a 35Watt HID ballast! sadly there is nothing you can do to correct this! and attempting to use the lights on only 27.5 watts will severely damage the Ballasts! sorry to break you the news :(
so if i get a 55wtt and put it on will it work?

Wreckless Hype

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
so if i get a 55wtt and put it on will it work?
No. You'd still be only running half power to the ballasts. Not to mention, it's not good for the longevity of the bulbs to be on all of the time, since they last significantly less than standard halogens.

andrewthesith

Darth "The Si" Vader
why the hell do you want a pink light?

if it's that big of a deal, take a pink marker and color a standard bulb.

96 DX Hatch

Alex
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
You lost me at pink HID, but you're talking DRL instead of regular headlights.

Get a standard bulb and take a marker to it or get a pink bulb if you must have pink.
But good luck getting it to work with how it's currently wired up to run at two different power levels.
If you can't get it pink, and don't like the look of stock, remove fuse #21 and no more DRL's.
it's not good for the longevity of the bulbs to be on all of the time, since they last significantly less than standard halogens.
It's not so much the run time that kills them, it's the on/off cycling.

Wreckless Hype

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
It's not so much the run time that kills them, it's the on/off cycling.
Truth, I was misleading. Working life on HID vs Halogen is double or more, but the on/offs kill them.

If OP needs pink lights, get fog lights, get pink HIDs, done.

Status
Not open for further replies.