high Hc's...failed smog...anyone have suggestions?

graffbc

5+ Year Member
so i went to the ref the other day to get my JDM Gs-R "re"bar'd and it failed cause my Hc's were a few numbers past the max output...nothing too big...maybe like 30 over the max allowed. everything else passed besides that. the ref told me my timing was too retarded...it was at 12 or 13 and it should be 15 or 16. my buddy keeps telling me its my cat but my cat only is only like 2k miles old. so i dont think it could be that. my O2 sensor is fine its semi new. so other then that im hearing people telling me to do plug, wires, cap and rotor...so idk, what do you guys think it maybe? i dont want to spend hundreds of dollars on something that seems so stupid and simple to fix.

rob-

we use to have that crap here in ohio till we voted it out check autozone for a gass additive tey will work may sound crazy but ive driven some real s**t through and passed with that

DROK604

go for a decent highway drive to get the engine really heated up before u take it in, I have heard that it helps

graffbc

5+ Year Member
go for a decent highway drive to get the engine really heated up before u take it in, I have heard that it helps
well the ref station is about 35 to 40 mins away from my house...my car was pretty much warmed up. idk what the problem cause be...other then a tune up...my cat is pretty much brand new, the motor is stock besided the aem intake and all my hoses and vac lines are connected.