High idle after throttle body spacer install

mylovehx

Hatches rock
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
So first things first this isnt my first throttle body spacer install. i stalled an obx throttle spacer in my hx and i started it up and it instantly revs up. everything is tight, throttle cable is adjusted accordingly. checked my hoses and they are good. i even tried disconnecting my battery lol. i had my roomate observe the throttle lever when i turned it on and it never moved. needless to say i am now lost....any thoughts on what it could be?

RonJ

Banned
Can you kill the idling engine by covering the top of the TB with your hand?

(Your thread title was edited for clarity.)

Last edited:

mylovehx

Hatches rock
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
no clue didnt want to risk the engine redlining as the rpms just keept going up and up and had no one to help. good news is i took it out and was back to normal... dont really get it at all

PhntmSk8r

H23VTEC
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
did you adjust the throttle cable accordingly for the additional distance covered from the bracket to the butterfly?

mylovehx

Hatches rock
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
So first things first this isnt my first throttle body spacer install. i stalled an obx throttle spacer in my hx and i started it up and it instantly revs up. everything is tight, throttle cable is adjusted accordingly. checked my hoses and they are good. i even tried disconnecting my battery lol. i had my roomate observe the throttle lever when i turned it on and it never moved. needless to say i am now lost....any thoughts on what it could be?