High Idle & Vtec Not Wired

irawkian_EK9

ok... My Car has a high idle when sittin in neutral and Have no idea why.... Spec's: D15B Swap in 2000 Hatch DX - 2nd Problem is how to hook up the Vtec...to a DX Model Hatch...... :???:

2slo4u

wait4me
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
What ecu are you using? You can wire the vtec straight from your solenoid to the ecu. There are tutorials online.

irawkian_EK9

P2E-A92 is whats in the car right now. - I Have another ECU from my 97 Coupe EX but the last clip doesnt fit....

2slo4u

wait4me
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
D15B VTEC

* Found in:
o 1992–1995 Honda Civic Vti (Japanese Market)
o 1992–1998 Honda CRX DelSol (Japanese Market)
+ Bore and Stroke :75,0×84,5 mm
+ Displacement : 1,493 cc (91.1 cu in)
+ Rod Length : 137 mm
+ Rod/Stroke : 1.62
+ Compression : 9.3:1
+ Power : 130 PS (96 kW; 128 hp) at 7,000 rpm
+ Torque: 106 Nm
+ V-tec switch over : 5,500 rpm
+ Redline : 7,200 rpm
+ Rev-limiter : 7,500 rpm
+ Valvetrain : SOHC (4 valves per cylinder)
+ Fuel Control : OBD-1
+ Head Code : P28
+ ECU Code: P08 (small case ECU)***

according to this you have to use the P08 ecu..the clip wont fit unless you have a obd2b-obd2a conversion harness

if above is true(specs) then the ecu is probably what is causing the a/f ratio to be messed up hence the idling problem

vtec wiring

http://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/ecu-tuning-fuel-management-33/ecu-pinouts-vtec-wiring-ecu-vtec-conversion-information-73241/

irawkian_EK9

oh 1 more question.... when I first start the car and go driving... 30 mins into driving all gears turn to neutral.... if I let it sit for 10 mins it goes back to driving again until a few minutes later all gears turn to neutral again...

irawkian_EK9

I would like to post pics of the vac leaks on here... how do I do so.... or any of you have a email addy or such would be highly appreciated.. Im a total noob so in need of help lol thank you..