High Mileage Boost question

gotz02skate

5+ Year Member
alright so the homie has a ex 5 speed EJ8 that he bought and it was currently running 9 psi...The Engine has 190,000 miles.. He blew out the tranny looking cool doing burn outs... had the tranny replaced and the boost doesnt feel even close to the same.... He wants to re-dyno it but asked me to post on here and ask for suggestions....
with 190k miles is it safe for the engine to kept boosted at 9psi.... Or should he lower it down a couple psi.. just a daily driver no hardcore racing...
any suggestions for him?

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
alright so the homie has a ex 5 speed EJ8 that he bought and it was currently running 9 psi...The Engine has 190,000 miles.. He blew out the tranny looking cool doing burn outs... had the tranny replaced and the boost doesnt feel even close to the same.... He wants to re-dyno it but asked me to post on here and ask for suggestions....
with 190k miles is it safe for the engine to kept boosted at 9psi.... Or should he lower it down a couple psi.. just a daily driver no hardcore racing...
any suggestions for him?
burning out in a Honda and "looking cool" do not go together... if it doesn't feel the same make sure he didn't f**k anything else up either... but I mean hey if "looking cool" means blowing transmissions... whatever floats his boat lol

Deezy

silent partner
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
^^ :rotflmfao: Agreed.... On the other hand, it's cool as hell, to see some dumb ass blow his tranny......:mrgreen:

civic0918

Registered VIP
9 psi is safe if he dont show off and do burn outs. save it for the track and he will be ok.

Hecz

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I Don't Know Man.i Would Rebuild.

gotz02skate

5+ Year Member
yeah he was contemplating rebuild or to buy a new engine all together but hes budgeted so most likely he will re dyno at 9 after i tell him... On a similar topic.. ive got a d16y7 non vtec Heads intake exhaust .. any Suggestions what to do next performance wise?? in perspective if you didnt know the "right" people to perform a swap....( dont wanna spend 1200 on an engine and tranny and another 1200 for some "joe" to charge me for a swap) anything anyone can think of to give me some extra HP?? Any ideas welcome.. thanks guys for the previous Topic!