High pressure radiator cap

lonewolf

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I have a Mugen (genuine) 1.3bar radiator cap lying around and was thinking about fitting it.

Would there be any problems with fitting it to a standard radiator? will it blow up or anything? I have silicone coolant hoses if that makes any difference.

Thanks

Black Sheep Performance

5+ Year Member
lonewolf said:
I have a Mugen (genuine) 1.3bar radiator cap lying around and was thinking about fitting it.

Would there be any problems with fitting it to a standard radiator? will it blow up or anything? I have silicone coolant hoses if that makes any difference.

Thanks
There is no chance of you blowing anything up... heh. If you're worried about fitment, simply pop your hood, take the old one off and throw that new bad boy on - it's about a 15 second install as you know.

Good Luck!

lonewolf

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
lol, fitment wasn't an issue, I was wondering if the stock radiator would handle the extra pressure.

Thanks

Blazed

f**k The Powers That B
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
lol ur stock rad cap creates pressure as well...
u'll be fine with the mugen cap as long as it fits ;)

Blazed

f**k The Powers That B
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
hows the b16 running btw?
how do u like it?

lonewolf

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
b16 still not in yet... its a 5 week install!!! omfg we have had so many problems.... just trying to get parts. Phone people and tell them you want wheel hubs from a honda civic EK4 hatch and they send ROVER wheel hubs, then they send hubs for my EJ6 (which a. i already had and b. axles dont fit) then they finally send out what we asked for. Then there is the sensors that don't work, a clutch and the list is endless. Oh and a mount broke as well.

Apart from that I love it. Should be ready tomorrow if the parts come in. Expect lots of pics soon!!!

BTW my brother in law just bought today a brand new Civic Type-R special edition, again expect pics soon!!!