highly recommended low pro tires? (companies, size etc)

EKayallday

Banned
I was planning on buying a set of tires to swap on during the summer to replace my winter meaty tires I currently am driving on now.

I heard 205 40 16 Falken ZE-912 ZIEX are really good. But I just want a broader range of tires to look into before settling on one. I mainly wanna look for really good rain tires since i figure rain will be the only thing I need to worry about during the summer season. So any tires that offer extreme grip would be great!!!

(all thoughts are welcome, including any all season tires).

CJ89

No title needed :)
Registered VIP
Khumo exta esx or asx. Dunlop durezza 101

Sent from my DROIDX

dsprimal

Banned
whats the best place to get tires cheap? any sites besides tirerack.com?

CJ89

No title needed :)
Registered VIP
Discount tire? Idk do some searching and compare prices. I just go down to the local tire shop...

Sent from my DROIDX

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Continental DW or DWS (if you are looking all season).

xXDeathMaliCeXx

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Honestly if you're looking for cheap and still good...go Kumho's probably gonna be just under $400 to get them installed, balanced, etc depending on the company you go through. I got quoted $400 on a set of nice Yokohama's at Discount Tire and I know Kumho's are cheaper than Yokohama's.

civexspeedy

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
What's your budget and how much life do you want to get out of them?

There are a good number of extremely sticky summer tires, but they will easily be $5-600 a set + shipping + mount/balance. They also don't last very long.

The. There are some decent summer tires that aren't as grippy but will last long and are cheaper.

EKayallday

Banned
What's your budget and how much life do you want to get out of them?

There are a good number of extremely sticky summer tires, but they will easily be $5-600 a set + shipping + mount/balance. They also don't last very long.

The. There are some decent summer tires that aren't as grippy but will last long and are cheaper.
i'm spending about 700 on a set of wheels. so I was hoping to spend just under a grand total for rims + tires. but from how it looks, I don't think that'll happen. So i'd say $400 would be my ideal budget. anything less would be great of course.

I want to get a good amount of life out of them (2-3 years). i'm expecting to use these new set of tires i buy during the spring/fall/summer seasons. and swapping them out and using my stock wheels/tires for the winter only. The tires I have on right now are meaty and i've had them on for the past 3 years (all season tires) and it has just begun losing tred lol. any low pros that could last that long?

civexspeedy

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i'm spending about 700 on a set of wheels. so I was hoping to spend just under a grand total for rims + tires. but from how it looks, I don't think that'll happen. So i'd say $400 would be my ideal budget. anything less would be great of course.

I want to get a good amount of life out of them (2-3 years). i'm expecting to use these new set of tires i buy during the spring/fall/summer seasons. and swapping them out and using my stock wheels/tires for the winter only. The tires I have on right now are meaty and i've had them on for the past 3 years (all season tires) and it has just begun losing tred lol. any low pros that could last that long?
Just re-read your original post. First, go with 205/45R15. There's no point in going with a 40 aspect ratio. It'll open your options up for tires as well.

That said, your best bang for buck summer tire within your price range would probably be the Yokohama S.Drives. With shipping, it's right around $400. They are pretty good summer tires. IMO one of the better ones offered out there. I use these as my street wheels for my race car. More than enough dry traction for street use and pretty good in the rain. Depending on how many miles you put on your car and how aggressive your driving is, they should last at least 2 years.

EKayallday

Banned
going through reviews of each of the tires everyone brought up. It seems the continental DW/DWS and the Yokohama S drives are the top 2 choices. Continental DWS being a bit higher rated.

EKayallday

Banned
wow, the submit button didn't wanna go. so after numerous refreshes and spamming of the submit button it reposted what i last said like 10 times. SORRY!!!!!