hit and run damage help/advice

motozachl

So my car got hit last night. My apartments are a more secluded area and I have no enemies. No neighbors heard anything nor is there any evidence to an unknown car in the lots yesterday outside of some red scratches. I only have liability and it my only car thus I am pretty much screwed. Haven't gotten a chance to see the full damage yet because I had to go to work. But the frame might be bent. From these pics does it look repairable? I really don't want to get a new car because I don't really have the funds along with the fact that this car has been awesome for me. Runs excellent and just did the full tune up.

Oh and yes the car moved that much. I was parked perpendicular to the building backed in.

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Ouch! No way of knowing if the frame is bent without tearing into it but it doesn't look good man. At the bare minimum you'll need the obvious bumper, fender, headlight, wheel, etc. but who knows what suspension components that destroyed behind the wheel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Damn! That looks torn up. Looks like you probably need an axle, control arms, your whole spindle ,right be screwed. Just hope your axle didn't go right through the transmission. See what your insurance says.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

cgpEJ6

noob
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I'm sure it could be fixed but it's probably not worth it. You could probably replace the car for less than the cost to fix it.

Failsafe88

gt CasaNova
Registered VIP
I was thinking lottle damage when i saw this holy s**t they plowed into your car. Their is no way they should have no damage i would be on lookout for a red car in that area

OGstackadolla

TEAM LIGHTSPEED RACING
Registered VIP
Damn, that's hard parking at it's finest.

Good luck OP, looks like you had a pretty clean ride

ImportFan1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Damn dude. Any security cameras that could have caught that?

takeachance

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
U better talk with ur insurance about hit and run
he has liability meaning he be screwed, unless you have a ton in savings or even credit cards or can get the parts i say dump the car. Its going to cost a ton to fix all the wheel and suspension

cgpEJ6

noob
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
he has liability meaning he be screwed, unless you have a ton in savings or even credit cards or can get the parts i say dump the car. Its going to cost a ton to fix all the wheel and suspension
body panels and paint too.

Mando_Civic

Honda Collision

I have a honda 98 dx that was hit like this in the back right fender. I bought it off the guy and it was "fixed" with a lot of filler and he put semi new tires. But now when i drive it there's a loud humming noise coming from the back like something is rubbing but its not the tire or rim. It sounds like a loud exhaust noise or like an airplane noise. I cant figure it out but other than that the car is good.=)

Last edited by a moderator:

Spades

Mando_Civic said:
I have a honda 98 dx that was hit like this in the back right fender. I bought it off the guy and it was "fixed" with a lot of filler and he put semi new tires. But now when i drive it there's a loud humming noise coming from the back like something is rubbing but its not the tire or rim. It sounds like a loud exhaust noise or like an airplane noise. I cant figure it out but other than that the car is good.=)
Lol. So basically other than something being serious wrong and it def not having been repaired correctly all is good

Glad you were able to get it driving again tho =)

Last edited by a moderator:

rebirth

5+ Year Member
It's crazy that no one would hear an entire car get moved out of it's parking spot. I've been wanting to check on full coverage for both of my cars for sometime now. With my wife falling asleep at the wheel this morning after working overnight, running a red light and almost smashing into two turning cars, and then seeing these pictures, I am calling tomorrow. I don't have money to replace a car right now. I hope you find whoever did it. In movies CSI will be doing paint swabs and all that stuff but in real life, nobody cares unless your famous.

motozachl

Ok so I forgot I posted this here LOL figure I will update ya'll. As expected insurance said it wasn't their problem, have since added the comprehensive&collision for a mere $10 a month extra. I guess it used to be alot more years ago else I would've had it, plus take into account 'its just a civic' lol.

Tearing into it was really that bad. Got a fender $60, headlight $40, hacked portion of frame $10, adjustable control arms and ball joint $120 (figured I would splurge here since my car was lowered and wanted to fix the camber anyways), and a few hours of my time to run to the junkyard.

It appears that the fender and control arm took all the hit as the frame was just fine. Luckily the ball joint slipt out allowing the arm to just slide in rather than bending axles etc.

The only real rough part was hacking out the headlight section as there was no way in hell I was going to be able to pound it back into spec. Instead I just cut out the jacked portion out and replaced a good section with a junkyard queen and welded into place.

Been driving it around for past few weeks just fine. Am just glad parts are so cheap for these cars and oober available.

Pics:

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Woo! Nice save!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk