hiya guys

mrgofast218

5+ Year Member
new to the forum, just joined all that happy crap. i got a mint 91 hatch with the stock motor in it. ive also got a b16 sittin around that i wanna throw in. you all are much more knowledgable then some of the people ive met on other forums. the question i have is pertaining to rpms. i want my b16 to be able to rev to 10000 rpm. i dunno if this is feasible or if its a pipe dream or what, but i dont see an issue if i get some blueprinted and balanced parts, mainly rods and pistons, but also incoprorating a valvetrain eventually. this will be done over time of course as im a college student studying engineering and dont really have much time or money to spend on my car. so 10,000 rpm is it feasible and doable?

jordanp

poser
5+ Year Member
REPOST!!!! j/k man... there was some dude asking the same q recently... i think about a b18a though... i believe it would be possible if it was vey well engineered... although i am new to motorworks.

Steven.

Formally Green 91
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
you will need to spend a good bit of money, atleast for it to hold up to multiple 10k+ rpms.
B16s are able to rev high, due to almost perfect rod to stroke ratio