home alignment

C4PT C4PPY

Respected
So I just slapped on some new upper control arms, inner and outer tie rods and lower ball joints on my hatch. I took it to a local tire shop and paid for an alignment to find out they don't know how to align a vehicles that have been lowered or raised in any way. So I am turning to the community for ideas on saving money and developing a new skill. I have seen some home alignments on line and I might try one or two but maybe a fellow clubcivic member might have a way to get a good alignment in the driveway and save a few bucks.

Mr.Baker

Mr. Search
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Have it professionally done, find a different shop.
Spend the money, this is the only way to do it and be certain the car is done right.
It saves money down the road on ruining tires.
This is not something you want to do yourself.

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Spend the money, this is the only way to do it and be certain the car is done right.
It saves money down the road on ruining tires.
This is not something you want to do yourself.
:word:

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Agreed with Mr. Baker & Blood88shot. Find a reputable alignment shop, not just some shop that does basic alignment. You want professionals that can handle bad scenarios if they arise, at least this first time after installing all that equipment. Between now and the next alignment need, research heavily on how to do it yourself and decide if youre up to the task.