Honda civic 2000 lx Exhaust manifold without catalytic converter

Cev

I was wondering if there was a way to buy the manifold without the catalytic converter. No check engine light, just a cracked manifold. I've seen pictures of just the manifold off of the catalytic, but I can't seem to find a replacement for just the manifold. I really don't want to spend more than I have to and was wondering if there were any tips or places I could look for the part.

CivicEx'00

I was wondering if there was a way to buy the manifold without the catalytic converter. No check engine light, just a cracked manifold. I've seen pictures of just the manifold off of the catalytic, but I can't seem to find a replacement for just the manifold. I really don't want to spend more than I have to and was wondering if there were any tips or places I could look for the part.
Is the manifold and exhaust design the same for 2000 EX models? Because I have a stock header with no cat that I'm not using

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Bobpeezy

Its a one piece stock manifold. You'd have to buy a non oem manifold to have them separate

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

Cev

im not sure if the EX and LX are the same.

this is the picture of what the one i need looks like, just the top, not the cat.

i also did some more research and saw some putty silver like stuff i think its called quicksteel that should seal the crask in mine if i cant find a manifold by itself. any ideas on this?

Attachments

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
You can either replace the entire manifold with cat attached, go aftermarket (which will require manifold plus cat), or try to use JB Weld to repair the crack if it's small, though that may not last forever.

LX and EX are different. LX has the cat attached to the manifold. With the EX, it's bolted on past the manifold.

Take a look at this thread here.