Honda civic 99 EX Revs problem

tony.hiraldo

Hello, I have one civic 99 EX, recently i change the short block to a ZC and heads are Y8 I'm using the original computer of the EX since is VTEC (P2P), I dont know why but my car dont wanna go further than 5.4K on revs., when it reach 5.4k he limit there. i dont have the oil switch from the vtec selenoid connected since it broke-up when we took out the heads, i dont know if that is causing the problem, i need help ASAP!!! Please!!!

willost

Distributor problem.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

willost

Problem in the distributor the one that had the cap and rotor with the spark plug wires coming out of it

mc360

boosted hx
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Distributor problem.

Umm why do you say this? Vtec needs oil pressure and oil temp to kick in, if your pressure sensor is not connected that's most likely your problem

willost

Honda doesn't regulate oil temps it does it through coolant temperature. Meaning if engine isn't warm VTEC will not kick in. Your correct Oil pressure is needed. If incorrect timing occurs through the distributor it will not kick in VTEC so it doesn't damage the valves. Also been a Honda tech for 20years, just saying.