Honda civic actuator problem?

Bugme

Banned
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Hey All,

There's this annoying problem occurring with my driver's side door lock.

Scenario one: Say I unlock my car using my remote (note: all doors are closed) and then instantly after I unlock I press the button to lock the car, the passengers side will lock, but the drivers side will not lock...

Scenario two is I unlock my car (once again all doors closed and unlocked with my remote) and I wait, say 20 seconds and then I press my remote to lock the car, both doors lock..

I have removed my door panel because my first suspicion was a bent rod, but now I believe its my actuator. But then again it will lock if I wait a bit after unlocking which makes me think that it's not my actuator... My car is a 1999 Honda Civic 3dr hatchback.

Any help is very much appreciated!

Blazing angel

Your luck is going to be like mine

None of my 4 doors work on the 99 sedan:(

The only thing you can really do is purchase a new universal door lock actuator. They go for anywhere from 10-50$. Install is the hard part.

Maybe it'll help, spray some wd-40 into the the door lock.

Bugme

Banned
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Cheers for the reply, It's really bugging me, but I might try spraying the actuator with WD-40, that stuff can work wonders sometimes.

I'm not too sure what actuator I require, because the cheapish ones on eBay are like a solenoid type, whereas the civic ones rotate :s

xWIREMANx

Sounds like it may be the actuator going bad. They tend to act like that when they are going out.

Bugme

Banned
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Yeah I tried spraying WD-40 on it, made the locking action a lot smoother but didn't seem to help with the actual locking process.

Thanks for your reply