Honda Civic EG, 1.3 55kw > 1.6 118kw Swap '93 (Greeting from Estonia)

djelton

5+ Year Member
Hello from Estonia. Since I'm a pretty active reader of this forum, i decided to translate my whole car topic sofar and continue it here in english:P I'm also hopeing to get a little feedback and help with my problems far along the build:P At the start of this topic I'm freshly 18 and while I'm translating this today I'm 19, so I't isnt easy to build a car and finish school w no job:S

The car was bought by my father at first in 1998 as a third user w/ full service history. Now after years, I took the car to my command and there was really plenty to do, because my parents used this car for A-to-B driving and didn't care about the mechanical part:S But the car is still really important to all of us and we can basically call it a family member:D

It's a 1993y, EG3, hatchback, Without powersteering, no ABS, no SRS, manual stick shifter and w/ 1.3l 55kW 75HP sowing engine:D But it moves well.
I have power windows and powered mirrors and dash with a tachometer, wich is unusual for 1.3l.

At the end of the summer 2010 these rims were bought, which helped really w the car visuals::

But since it was winter, I still had to roll with steelies like this car has always had sofar:

At the end of 2010 I decided to add central locking and alarm, I had some older system, ut that had stopped working, this was the old system:

A few kilometers of wires:

And since the car is a 3-door, but only 2 of those doors opened w central locking I decided to make the last door(hach) electical too::

I also added parking sensors, because u cant see s**t at night + tint:D

+ a new sound system, which included:
*Clarion SRE6931R to the rear
*Clarion SRE1321S to the front
*Pioneer DEH-2320UB

I also added a few LED's to the trunk, because you couldnt see anything there(I also had to make a system for that, because the original lamp was a dummy lamp, without wiring).
On this picture you can see the LED's + my father made old Estonia S90 speaker in a closet wood subwoofer casing wich makes a better sound than my friends Pioneer:O

Also added rear white SMD led's(no blue tint in these, quite expencive leds):

And summer came, so I could ditch the steelies and give this car a nicer badass look w 205 tires:P

Since I'm a LED fan I added cold SMD led's to the interior + added a new lamp from the junkyard and dagn, this s**t is bright(Y)

A few pics with a friends Audi A4 B5:

And since I had developed a green fetish, because every other car is doing Blue or Red, I wanted to be diferent. I also made some ricer-led tuning:(

Some weekend I decided to brake open my headlights and make them BLAACK + installed new Osram Nightbreaker's

Few packidges from China:p

+I also added 2 more lamps to the interior. White burns when the doors are open and it stays green if the car is running.

Pretty nice efect at night.

Also stickers arrived to piss off people at the street:

Overall look :

Made the speedo needles green + installed some LED's, here you can see my backup sensor screen also:

+my mind understood the rice led's in my door and removed some, this is a better look(I previously had problems with people finding my door handle):

Little wash:

Interor:

I tried 6000k HID's one day and realised that that is pretty shitty look for a old Civic, maybe someday I will do a projector retrofit, but not today:

Made this trunk DIY also:

At night:

Also one random day something weird happened:D The climate control unit was dark since 1998 when we bought this car and now, today it randomly started to work, like WTF:

Little pic from my interior lighting at nigh:O

And one day I was bored, so I tore off the 10y old tint:

It's very weird to drive now:P

Installed LED reversing lights, now i can see, where i reverse:

A little rear block off DIY:

And since my old 6x9 speakers were cut into the interor plastics I had to buy new ones.
Here are the old ones:

Much prettier:

And since It's really weird to drive without a tint, I had new tint installed:

And finally my US-style modul made it:

5W test:

21W test:

At night:

And since the DIY block-off was weird, I ordered a original Honda part:

Much nicer

Also a random pic about my reverse LED's:

Some random trip pictures, which was the longest this Civic has driven in few years(before it was my mom's shopping car):

White side signals made it + SMD LED's for new dash lighting:

Before and after pics:

Aa, ning Jaanipäeval, kui Pühajärvel pidu panemas sai käidud, märkasin sellist nähtust:D

Also did a little remade to the dash. Moved the stereo lower and installed new WARM LED's to my climate control and dash, warm is much nicer and less rice than the cold, so I like it:P

Mail from US and A:

Yes, i know their fake, but I need powered ones and original ones aren't powered:

Before and after pics:

Outcome:

Removed old licence-plate holder and used double side tape:

And since I forgot to do a axle-aligment my front tires + too wide tires(205)got totally mashed:S

So smaller oned 195/55 were installed + aligment:

Safty equipment:

Finally WARM led's to my interior came:

And since the fire extinguisher looks ugly I made a bag around it:D

Little cleaning + pics:

'

At the moment:

Photoshop plans:

Now my 2500k bulbs arrived:

Also made new key with a newer model Honda key:

Warm led's, almost unable to tell from not-leds:

Decided to f**k up my mirror, by driving it off(dog jumped my car)

Winddeflectors arrived from US and A:

djelton

5+ Year Member
New 1-din freebox + drinks holder:

TEASER:

So I went to Lithuania:D

Lot of Civic's there:

A good song came on:P [The song: "20 Fingers - Short d**k Man (V-Tec Remix)"]:

This is me:D

Thanks to the friends of the seller, who helped us to get the engine out and going:

Dagn, Audi is big:P

Some papers:

Whole trip(25hours awake + partied before going):

Swap progress:

AC comparison shot:

No rust, WIN!

Old beater:D It took 9l/100km when we took it off and it's 1.3:P

And one-friendpower:

Workplace:

New battery went to the trunk:

First layer(+me:P):

And since I have a Green thing, i chose GREEN:D (planning to repaint it in the summer w more bright green):

Monster Energy(not really:D dont want any monster energy stickers here)

B16A2, yeah:P

Little supplies:

And little wiring:(

Also paintet the valve-cover, because the old one could be washed off with a powerwasher:

So after the finall touches it was pretty dark and I wanted to be quiet, so I did everything really quietly and went to town to test the engine:D

BUT I forgot to close the hood properly, so this is the result:S

Depression was big, because I really worked for this car to work + my money was almost out and since I was a student, there was really little coming in w my little own-bisnesses:D

One cute pic:

Removint the glass:

Result:

Also a few pics from a freind who helped me with the swap:

Also installed power-steering:

So I gathered enough money for a new windscreen and went to pick up my new hood:

Painted hood.

Meanwhile I had a problem with the fuel useage, it was 17l/100km, also VTEC wasnt kicking in:S

So i started to look for the problem and found, that it was faulty MAP wiring, which kept shorting out the MAP's i tried:D Now everything works, 8-9l/100km + VTEC works:O f**k its fast:P

Made some covers:

Also, new 1.6l radiator:

Random pics:

Fixed the mirror finally and painted it w body-color(planing to paint everything grey, not black)

And also fixed my rear drum-brakes(offer me brake swap please:P)

Little sister helping:P

Little plans:P

+ since I'm a DIY'er I tried and did my own valve-adjustment:

Cleaned IAC FITV:

Went to a little illegal competiton:D
And beat almost everybody:D Yeey:

New winter tires, because I made a promise, not to let this car drive w steelies again:D

And new brake pads:O

And new spark plugs:

+ made a little DIY, now it sound a little better + the throttle response is better:

Some day i got almost free new rims, I'm not sure, if im gona use them, but still gona make them beautiful 15" runners:

After a while, long way to go:

Some day made a new trunk floor cover, which is also a start to my new subwoofer casing there:

New amp:D The big one was in use for years (Kenwood KEC-921), but the small one just bought, it's going to power front kickers(Kenwood KEC-521)

Installed 3000k xenon + yellow tint to fogs:

And since I love music, decided to add a little gadget:

Bought the supplies for sound insulation, some day gona do it:

Finally removed the side mouldings:

And made a mini-insulation to the front doors already:

Little pic w frends:

And thats pretty much all for now. In my estonian topics there is a shitt loads of text next to each picture, but thats just too much to translate:D Because problems and solutions in my threads have been big with this car.
At the moment the fuel average is 8-10l/100km and theres some noise with the engine, sounds sometimes like a diesel car:S I don't like that.

At the moment I'm looking for a USDM trunk, so anyone who is willing to help me, contact me:D The condition doesn't matter, it must be in atleast one piece:D

Further plans now for the summer are to do some bodywork, new audio, sound isolation and maybe some performance parts to my engine:D Actually have a lot to tell atm, but my mind is all f**ked up after this much translation work, so please, do ask me questions:D And again, sorry for so many pics:D

djelton

5+ Year Member
Since the weather doesn't allow to do much outside(cold n' wet), I decided to finally do some winter shots of this car(sorry, for the car being dirty:S)

I think this is enough LOW for the winter:D

+ soon, soon, 220'000km will fulfill:D

00siboy

lurkin...
Registered VIP
Wow I just read the whole thread. You have come a long way with the car, but don't street race, seriously. You should get some performance tires and new suspension and do autocross, it seems like something you would like.

Also I love to go driving out in the snow with my civic, its so pathetic its fun lol.

emerican

Registered VIP
Just read threw all of this alot of progress made and like said above please dont street race.

djelton

5+ Year Member
Thx for the opinions:D Sofar all of the races have been on the big empty airfield, I would never race on the streets:S
But I am going to some legal drag events and trackdays this summer, but I don't dare to go to autocross, especially when I want to paint my car and fix it up in few months:D

00siboy

lurkin...
Registered VIP
Hondas aren't really the best in a straight line, unless they are really built up. Autocross is more the Honda style. Drag events are more more just seeing how your civic has improved, unless you drag competitively. I'm not trying to tell you that drag is a waste of time, just don't be afraid of autocross. I have yet to do it myself but I am hoping to start this summer.

97civicMan

Knucklehead h8r
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
WOW!! You won't see anyone say "post pics" in this thread!! HAha nice work man! Welcome and enjoy your stay

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Hatch is looking good and has come a long way. Loving the color on it.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

djelton

5+ Year Member
Thx for the opinions.
Yes, I have been thinking about autocross before bodywork, few of my friend have even suggested it to me, but first I need to get VTI brake swap, I may go fast, but I wanna brake fast too(I'm holding myself back alot ATM).
I'm also thinking of front braces, which help to keep the wheels down more.

Yes, I love taking pics of everything, so I can look back some day and remember this family treasure(bought into the family in 1998, when it was quite a new car for that economical viewpoint of that time)

Yes, I love the color aswell, but since I'm seeing quite a few white EG-s around on the forums and in Estonia, I'm more and more thinking of Championship white with s*** loads of flakes?sprincles?sparcles? I don't know the right word for it:P

+ today 220000km filled for this body and my Osram Nightbreakers broke:D So I'm gona make a relay based front lights someday + new Philips/Narva headlights:P

obracer12

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I like the progress.

Get a more aggressive suspension setup. My favorite so far for auto-x is : progess series 2 coilovers... they are on the cheaper side and the adjustment, dampening and ride are all pretty good.

Please no champ white EG... they a dime a dozen. The color I always wanted to do on my EG is Sazuka Blue (S2000 Blue) with a CF hood / hatch / roof cap.

ceelx

great rebuilt. i love your interior light :D these green light in door panels lighting only when you open door or all the time ?
what kind of light you used near the front glass ??

djelton

5+ Year Member
I'm not sure about the suspension atm, because I don't go to work, so I have to make my all small businesses, which don't bring in too much. But I don't want to ask my parents for money for this car, I'm not that person. So I'm thinking of adjustable springs for a start, then maybe upgrade.

About the color I'm not sure, because, yes, there are many in forums, but really not much in Estonia, I've only seen 3 in years:D But I'm thinking... (blue, or red or any other RGB color isn't my thing)

Green lights stay on when the key is in ACC and the dimmer is at a visuable setting(I can set the dimmer to OFF too). It's good for people finding the doorhandle at night, because almost all of my friends still have a problem with it:D

And the lights I used all-around my car interior were warm SMD led's, ebay them, you'll find them in different shapes and sizes.

djelton

5+ Year Member
Since my Osram Nightbreaker+ headlight bulbs broke, I'm thinking about Nrva Power Range Blue's, but first I gotta build the headlight on a relay based system:p

Yesterday, after 3km of random dilly-dalling I managed to get my mileage to a good point:D 220000km

Since the weather is bad and I't doesn't invite out much to work on the car, I decided to make a small 220k gift to my Civic:P
I took some amber tint and made myself amber turn signals. The oucome is much darker than expected, but since I pained 2/4 of my reflector a year ago to make it look more darker, it's OK

One turn signal done(seems like, all the good you make comes back to you one day, because I just gave my sister a new hairdryer for her B-day and today I needed it for this DIY):

Both done. They came out a little s***ty, with some dirt between the tint, but still better than expected. But this doesn't mean that I'm not gona buy proper amber turn signals. The tint is just a temporary look:P

And some pictures on the car too(It looks like the lights sit bad, but the bumper sits bad actually. I don't bother to deal with it since I have a brand new bumper ready for paint already)

And ow yeah, I got 4th place on one of Estonias car forum's "Reader's car of the year" competitions:p I won a T-shirt, yey:P

Hecz

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Very nice! I like the new wheels you got.

djelton

5+ Year Member
Thanks, I'm thinking of making them light green in the middle:D

So, some may remember, that someday I bought this "beautiful" fabric:

And since it's boring at home and I haven't done anything to my car for a while, I decided to do something:D

Firstly, I throwed away this horrible fabric(actually I kept it, maybe I can make something for my little sister with it):

And took new, much more expensive and more beautiful fabric called "Jaguar". It feels kinda like velvet, but better:D I also had a choice between Jaguar and Altara(Alcantara fake), but Jaguar seemed much more with a expensive look and I chose this.

Firstly i started with the coin pocket and rear side panels. Here is the old coin pocket view:

And the new one:

So I started doing side panels:

Fixed the edges with hot glue.

The final outcome looked really good and pretty. I was kinda afraid, that I would get weird corners and wrinkles, but all ended well.

With some light:

With the coin pocket:

Inside the car:

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
You love DIY's huh. lol

Good progress on the build man. Doing it how you want and all yourself.

:thumbs up

djelton

5+ Year Member
Thx, I don't really believe in paying someone for something that I can learn myself and get a new experience:D

So, today I managed to tear apart the interior Again:D

And since I had nothing else to do (waiting on my fabric), I thought, f*** it, and decided to do sound isolation:D

It was quite a experience, because I can't fit into my garage(19, so I live w my parents) I decided to do it out in the snowy estonian weather, which was -10degrees Celsius:D The heating and reheating everything many-many times, but I somehow managed:D
I WANT SUMMER(or a big warm garage):P

Anyway, few pics of the sound mat process:

And sound sponge process(really great thing:D):

And threw a few pieces of both to the sidewall of the car, just for the lol's and it turned out good:D The side where the pieces are, is more quieter when hit and the other side is like a tin can:D

Today I only managed to do only one side, but with these conditions it's not such a bad result:D

And the last pic of my minibus:D She's going to be a 2-seater for a week:P

djelton

5+ Year Member
Today I finally changed the headlight rubberthingie:D

And finished the other side isolation. I hope it pays off well:D

And to loose final plastic rattles, I added some rubber trim/moldings aswell.

Planning to buy the fake-leather for the rear-interor tomorrow and do some electrical DIY's in the interior:P