Honda Civic EJ Head Light Retrofit

gummer

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Hi, I have never posted any mod of my car because I feel they are too simple, but this time I have done something that I really like, everything started on 2007 when one of my head lights got broken with a road's rock, by then I wanted my car to looks like Fast & Furious (ricer) hahaha, so I bought some ebay's halo/projectors head lights, I thought they will illuminate better than OEM due to the projectors, but they didn't, I installed Hid's, they worked decent but after a year the light started to get greenish and never were able to get well aligned, so I started to look how to get a better output without flashing everybody, the answer: "a retrofit" (that was how I found this great forum), I got new headlights and projector, and that's the process and the results:

That is the light output with ebay's head lights:

And that is how my car used to look:

I got those parts:

-JDM Style Black housing head lights

-Morimoto Mini H1

Then I made some slightly mods to the projectors:

Upper blacked, lower stock

Stock

Blacked out

I found some rare spots on the bowl, I hope they don't affect light output on the long run

First light output light shoots (stock shields)

Shields bent for sharper and color

Head lights opened:

Reflector removed:

Projectors in:

Comparision:

Shot with lens on (it got less sharp):

Both done:

Actual light output (cellphone camera):

I'm really pleased with the final results, the light is whiter, the cut-off is sharper and colorful, and I have a longer and wider view, even when they are my first retro and have cheap HID kit.

I'll wait to upgrade to XB35 bulbs or why not to FX-R projectors.

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Looks pretty good.

AlaskaB16

DOING WORK!
Registered VIP
My goodness those wheels look huge! LOL... Nice work on the headlights. I've done many many of these myself but never to any of my Hondas. I really need to up here though. Dark 24hrs a day right now and my light out put blows a big D!

:thumbs up to you!

gummer

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
My goodness those wheels look huge! LOL... Nice work on the headlights. I've done many many of these myself but never to any of my Hondas. I really need to up here though. Dark 24hrs a day right now and my light out put blows a big D!

:thumbs up to you!
hahaha the rims are 17's, and I also felt they were too big that my car looks like a tumbrel, but now the car is lower with skunk2 springs and I feel they are the perfect size.

reg_lus

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
When you take out the reflector on the headlights, does the projector goes straight in?

RealRabbit

Registered VIP
I really want to do the same thing. It looks great. This is my next mod on my 98.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

gummer

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
When you take out the reflector on the headlights, does the projector goes straight in?
No, I had to trim a little the adapter plate to gain some rotation, but everything else is right bolt on

I really want to do the same thing. It looks great. This is my next mod on my 98.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2
Thanks, and do it, you won't regret

Sent from my XT910 using Tapatalk 2