honda civic ex 1998 gsr swap

PhiRoeun

5+ Year Member
I just finish swapping my obd1 gsr motor in my honda civic. The car will barley want to start and idle rough. I got the jumper harness and put the obd1 p72 ecu. I also cant gas it, if i try it just act like it gonna die. Any advice would help. This motor came from my running 4drteg. Is it my TPS or Map sensor?

Esotericimage

Taking an H-T break
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I just finish swapping my obd1 gsr motor in my honda civic. The car will barley want to start and idle rough. I got the jumper harness and put the obd1 p72 ecu. I also cant gas it, if i try it just act like it gonna die. Any advice would help. This motor came from my running 4drteg. Is it my TPS or Map sensor?
If i remember correctly, yourengine wiring has to be changed a little...but thats my :twocents:

PhiRoeun

5+ Year Member
I try it again today and it only ran good once. I could actually push the gas pedal. But then when i turned off and on. The problem came back again. What can it be?

DetainedCivic

I haz SR20
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Do you have the plugs switched near the map sensor? They are the same and if you switch them can cause this problem. Happened to me on a swap before.

PhiRoeun

5+ Year Member
Yeah i switch them both they did the same thing. I thought if i un-plugged the map sensor my car is suppost to die?