Honda Civic SR. Ipod touch transfer to HDD

GPR

Hi , I have just bought a new SR and was woundering if the albums on my Ipod touch can be transfered to the HDD on the car?.
Can anyone please tell me what size is the HDD [Gb]

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Being that iPods, iPads, and iPhones are linked and policed through iTunes, the simple quick answer is no. You are going to have to eliminate the copyrights and load them onto a thumb drive and load them that way. You can, however get a cable and plug that into the head unit and the iPod and play them that way.

Your owner's manual should provide the information on the cable, as well as how large the hard drive is on the head unit. If you don't have one, google your car and search for an owner's manual through a pdf file or online somewhere.

By the way, I haven't heard anywhere that you can actually load music or any media directly to the head unit. You need to plug a thumb drive or an iPod type media player into one of the USB ports on the lower dash.

Last edited:

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Unless you solely use iTunes Match, you have the songs stored somewhere on your computer already. Songs that are downloaded from iTunes are yours to use wherever you want to listen to them (as long as you don't share them). Not sure how to get the songs into the hard drive on your head unit, but as Lethal said, that information should be in your service manual. I'm guessing you'll need to throw them on a USB stick and somehow move them to internal storage, but I can't see OE head units having a lot of free space anyways, so your best bet is to just connect your iPod via a cable, or if it's new enough, via Bluetooth.