Honda civic windshield wiper switch

evilrilla2

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i have a 1997 civic and i need to replace this part. The problem is that it no longer works properly. Do i have to replace the entire part (the wiper switch and the lamp swithc) or can i just get the wiper portion of it. Is the range for this switch 96-00 only? or will an earlier civic switch work as well??? ex civic 92-95. thanks for your help.

evilrilla2

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
any ideas?? Some seller in Ebay claims 92-00 civic have the same model number for the wiper switch. the hatchback is not compatible at all.

xWIREMANx

I wish I had an idea for you but I don't. It looks like you can change them seperatly. They may be interchangeable but I don't know. The switch itself does look different. One for the right year isn't that expensive so might as well be safe and get the right one. I guess this really isn't an answer but more of a bump for someone that has an answer

Deezy

silent partner
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
You might try this.....Click......:mrgreen:

connellc

5+ Year Member
What's weird is I have the hatchback wiper, and every time I search at RockAuto or eBay Motors or any Honda parts catalog online - and I have searched through several Honda car parts sites recently - I find windshield wiper switches that are compatible for all DX hatchback models 1996-2000.

However, none of the "compatible" switches have the hatchback wiper toggle included!

What I am looking for is more like the switch in the picture of this eBay listing: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/99-00-Honda-Civic-HB-OEM-Front-and-Rear-Wiper-Switch-/120730515408?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Make:Honda|Model:Civic&hash=item1c1c1977d0.

In that switch, the hatchback toggle is included.

I actually did get one of the "compatible" switches, and - of course! - there is no hatchback toggle, so I can only operate the front wiper blade.

For once, I would actually appreciate getting a Honda Civic 1996 DX hatchback wiper switch that included the hatchback wiper toggle on the arm o fthe switch. I am holding the old wiper switch in my hands, and I see "SSI M11970" on the the bottom of the switch and "SR3 M15888" on the arm.

So far, using the search terms "SR3 M15888" in Google, I come up with sites in Sweden and Germany that have the pictures of the right parts.

So, I have the hatchback wiper toggle on my wiper switch, so I wish the sites and the experts would stop saying I do not have a "compatible part" when I am actually holding the one I had removed in my hands.

Last edited: