honda noob in need of advice

nine

haha yea im new to forums too, still learnin how it works. it prob took me an hr to figure out how to get pics from ghetto phone on here and post em lol. i would deff appreciate any input or build ideas from anyone and everyone on this project tho. as of now im planning to use the car to race at the local dragstrip and go to work and back (10mi each way) but i live & work in the boonies and can drive just about anything on these back roads and get away with it, i litterally spent a month drivin my quad to work everyday. eventually i would like to make around 300hp (turbo) but for now i wanna focus on suspension as bloodshot advised. starting w correct springs and traction bar, i like the full race one but am looking for suggestions, also i have an S1 trans and hav searched forums for slicks sizes but everyone else seems to be runnin YS1 transmissions? ive been searching but havent been able to find the differences in the 2 trans

also i got a chance to get the car out earlier, first drive the only driveability issues im having is low rpm sputter and the clutch feels like garbage(crazy choppy feel and feels like wheelhop till the car is rolling). its hard to start out unless you launch it even in nuetral when i press the gas at idle it will stumble and try and stall. this problem goes away around 1500-2k rpm. 2k plus the car runs fine and pulls hard as hell too. comparable to my stok 03 350z i had back in 09. im assuming this has to do with the race manni? im goin back to stock for now. i asked the po about the clutch he said its a stage 2 disk, stg 3 pressure plate & lightest flywheel he could find, didnt remember brand or weight just that it was aluminum. i havent got the car in the air to check the suspension, he says if he remembers right is draglaunch coil overs with 800 or 1000pnd rate in rear, unkown springs front.

Last edited by a moderator:

xxBLOOD88SHOTxx

Surge Master
Registered VIP
Well just saying "stage" does nothing for as, as a staged X clutch from one company is not equal to stage X clutch from another. Same with the pressure plates.

Also the transmission type isn't really going to be a deciding factor in what slicks you run. The rim size and clearance will determine that. You should probably just start out with some really sticky DOT radials.

The S1 in your car currently could be 1 of 2, it's either the short geared JDM one from an Integra Xsi(B16) or the USDM one from the B18a equipped Integras

The USDM YS1 is from the second gen GSR, same specs as a B16 trans. The JDM trans is the same but had an optional LSD. I have a YS1 in my Integra right now with a phantom grip setup. Definitely better than nothing but it's outdated and there are way better options these days.

nine

it has fried nitto 555's 205/50/14 dot's on it now. worn past the wear bars, and hav also been on the car the whole time it sat in storage. i picked up some used street tires on steelies to drive on so i gotta an extra pair of rims for slicks. as far as the trans i think it was the usdm teg and i only say that cuz the guy that had swapped it before the po had it put the whole damn dash an everything in it. at first i didnt notice the teg dash until i seen some ef pics and noticed my is clearly diff.

I can't help but see Zoolander ask if these are photos for ants. Make the mo'bigguh. Man, those gauges... Keep us updated on how it goes.
figured out how to resize them thanks to XpL0d3r =)

also clutch suggustions would be nice, brand stg ect. im looking for somthing thatll leave me room to grow power wise and handle it but also to consider this will be replacing my old dd and my cars are occisionally loaned out to a 19yo girl when i do repairs on hers (5spd ztec focus) she can drive 5spd like a champ but hasnt driven with a race clutch so smthn with a smooth feel would be nice.

Last edited by a moderator:

xxBLOOD88SHOTxx

Surge Master
Registered VIP
You'll have to google clutch reviews, your taste in clutch feel will be up to you as well.