Honda Orthia 1997.. same struts as a Civic 1997?

normandviau

Hi,

I live in St. Lucia (Caribbean) and I just bought a Honda Orthia 1997 for my wife.

From what I can understand after some readings on the Net, the Orthia would be like a Station Wagon Civic model.

My mechanic is telling me that I need 4 shock absorbers/struts for the car.

Does anybody knows if I could I use the shock absorbers/struts of a Honda Civic 1997?

My problem is that the Civic is not sold in St. Lucia so I would have to get the parts from Canada or the USA.

Before importing the parts, I want to make sure! ;-)

Thanks for your help!

Normand

P.S.: Here are the Chassis number: EL3-1105294 as well as the Engine number: B20B-9012149 of my car.

normandviau

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honda_Orthia

Assuming that information is correct, it would have the same suspension as a 6th gen civic.
Thanks! I've seen this page and it looks like it would be a "GO" based on the info available.

On the other hand (and I know it's a long shot!), if I could get in touch with the actual owner of an Orthia who had to change his shock absorbers/struts using Civic parts, I would surely feel better before placing my order!

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
the only concern i would have is if the rear is substantially heavier, but judging how things are mass produced i doubt it..