Honda Radio Serial#? WHERE IS IT?

TilhasBB

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Hello,

My radio is asking me for the code after reseting the battery. I went to dealship and they cant find it using my vin they want me to get serial#off my radio I get it for them or they do it for 100$...
I opened my consel and i dont see the serial WHERE IS IT?
i just see M4G and M1C which are not the serial!!!

umair

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
it should be in the glove box. their should be some numbers their. after that call Honda of America and get the code.

TilhasBB

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I checked all over the glovebox its clean. no stocker or number engraved.

beside the power plug there is another engraved # M4F

Top of unit. White sticker with M1C402033, engraved on top M4G429018 and back is M4F429020A

i've also treid holding 1 and 6 then turning on radio it goes CODE and typed 1 already !??

NYGraFFit1

I Tap JdmPrncss
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
its not engraved its behind the glove box, theres a metal bar that stretches all across the dash. theres a sticker with numbers on it, copy it and take it to the dealership.or do it the hard way if u cant find it. remove the whole unit and take the whole radio to the dealership. Go with the car, or thy might not help u cause thell say it was stolen

TilhasBB

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Wohoo
I removed the entire unit and guess what... it was on the Tape deck. written with a pencil almost gone.
Called dealership and it was the one. now i wrote it with a perminent market on the manal and the cd player =)

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Sometimes it's in the glovebox, but not always. Often it's on the actual deck. I use to carry a Honda business card around with my old entry code on the back.

AllStockHatch

Unregistered User
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Sometimes it's in the glovebox, but not always. Often it's on the actual deck. I use to carry a Honda business card around with my old entry code on the back.
^^same here. Bought my oem em1 headunit off ebay and seller sent the oem plastic credit card shaped card with it. Keep it in my wallet.