Hondata cel codes

patrick_ej1

I recently installed a Honda s300 into my full b18c1 1993 ex coupe. I immediately got a cel for the following.
to start with the p1298 code, a 1993 civic doesn't have an ELD in the fuse box correct? Does it have one at all? Do I need a new fuse box with an ELD?

Sent from my LGLS740 using Tapatalk

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
92-95 has an ELD. No they are not replaceable separate like the later generations. You are going to have to source a fuse box, unless someone has come up with a way to dig that out of there.

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I know the ELD can be replaced on a 6th gen but even that was a major PITA. Many times though, the ELD itself is good, there's another issue elsewhere with your wiring.

I had that code and spent FOREVER tracking it down. The code went away once we found that I had a knockoff MAP sensor that was branded as a Hondata one. Before replacing the MAP sensor, I even replaced the ELD, but the CEL returned. Not saying that's your issue, but I would check that, and also check all your fuses, and make sure your grounds are solid too. Check for wire shorts on the harness as well.

Thread might help you out: RonJ in the thread below will tell you the MAP sensor did notcause the issue. I still believe it did because 1) replacing it fixed the issue, and 2) it was a knockoff sensor so who knows what it was actually doing lol.

http://www.clubcivic.com/forum/threads/p1298-eld-high-input.222554/

patrick_ej1

Letha6- doesn't the Del Sol use an ELD? Maybe I can use a that fuse box?

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Letha6- doesn't the Del Sol use an ELD? Maybe I can use a that fuse box?

The 5th gen civic and the delsol are pretty much the same thing just a different body. At least from my understanding.

mc360

boosted hx
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Why not just disable the sensors in the s300? Does the b18c1 come with a knock sensor? Does the ecu your s300 is in have a knock circuit (idk if the s300 itself has provisions for a knock sensor)? My d16y8 has a knock sensor but the obd1 ecu I'm running doesn't have a knock circuit so I have to keep the sensor disabled or I get a cel. I also have my eld disabled in my ecu and have no problems that I know about, you should be ok disabling it.