hondata s200 vs s300

yangr

im thinking about getting this instead of the aem ems for my turbo setup

QUESTION 1: whats the difference between these 2 and if i already have a tuned ecu would it even matter if i got the hondata? would it make a difference?

QUESTION 2: are both of these plug and play? and what are the benefits?

remember..i want to grab one that i can plug into my tuned ecu for a turbo set up..im a noob on ecu's

i have a chipped p28 tuned with a spoon program..not sure what it means..but i also know that he as a type-r chip or something like that..so yea..any help will do

got traction

i rock the sohc
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ok... for a turbo set up I would suggest S300 if you can afford it. It is not plug and play, it requires install into the ecu itself, along with a tune.

Your chipped p28 that you have now can be converted to use S300 after you buy it. The spoon program you have is a rip off and is nothing more than a copy of someone else's tune. The "type r" chip is the same thing. It is as much of a guess as a basemap. I highly suggest that you DO NOT use those types of "performance chips"

yangr

Would you recommend me using the p72 ecu instead? It would be obd1 cuz my engine is obd1..I would also get that ecu tuned and maybe chip it with the hondata..I know that since my engine is obd1 vtec doesn't kick in till 5500ish and my guy who had an ls turbo told me that I'm better off with the p72

got traction

i rock the sohc
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
if you already have the p28 use that, but you could also use the p72. Its not going to matter which one you use, because the tune will be specific to your set up

civicfan111

Fujiwara's Tofu Shop
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Now that im in oregon lol i might just have to get big money ballen drive up since im 5 min from washington border and have you build my sohc lol. auto has to go asap though.

OP s300 is the way to go if you have money. those ebay chips/rip off of other tunes will hurt you more then they will help,.