honDuH kids.....

Mr.Baker

Mr. Search
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I usually don't post much of anything like this on here, but reading on some of the Honda FB groups....
Most of these Honda kids are full on STUPID..what's even more alarming, they're procreating! Ugh!

Case in point:

Honduh douche is selling, and this is word for word,
"96 civic ek 5 speed I just rebuilt two and a half weeks ago parting out unless someone make right offer clean title I dont have the time or money to rebuild again."

So i ask, "it was rebuilt and it needs another rebuild two weeks later?"

Reply, again, word for word;
"Lower end gave out. I have two engines the on in the car and its old one so im sher with both I could fix again just tryin to go eg hach im sick of all the problems iv had in past years with sohc i wont to go dohc like all my boys and theyv never had the problems I have dont get me wrong I love this car and dont wont to get ride of cuz of all the time and money iv put in her but I have a family and a job now and got to think more reliable".

I reply, "There really isn't any reliability difference between SOHC and DOHC. It's relative. The SOHC D is one of the most reliable engines out there. If that were not the case, Honda would not have run them for 3 generations of Civic and 12 yrs."

Honduh douche says " There stronger. Yet iv gone throw four and a rebuild all this year and my boys race and havent gone throw one this whole session."

My reply, "Throw four? Through, maybe is what you mean? So because you've driven them like a F & F rejected extra, revving it out to 7k every shift, it's the motors fault? Again, it's relative. They're not unreliable, it's how they are MEANT to be driven."

Honduh douche, "Iv done pull but not like all that thanks and even if so two week get out of here with all this dude like u here to talk s**t take it els were."

I don't even know what to say. He has a family and a job NOW...wonder what he was like before, jesus!

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I would ask where he works in order to avoid it and hope his job isnt car-related because theyre clearly not paying him enough to pass the 5th grade or afford a dictionary.

Sadly, there are a lot of idiots like that out there, and occasionally on here. Uneducated with a false sense of entitlement and write in short-hand juvenile text speak. That generation of kids born in the early to mid 90s were mostly subjected to the over-encouragement movement that lead to more problems than progress in personal growth. Those kids never learned what realistic losing or failure was, which builds character, and have diluted sense of respect as a result. I fear what most of their children will be like as adults. Of course there are exceptions, but fearfully fewer than ever.

pmac193

Thundermuff
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
When buying a car privately you will run into a multitude of different individuals. Unless this guy was giving the car away I would have stopped wasting my time after his first reply.

Mr.Baker

Mr. Search
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Unless this guy was giving the car away I would have stopped wasting my time after his first reply.
I kind of got sucked into the vortex of stupid I suppose, scratching my head with each reply this guy gave, trying to figure out what they hell he was saying and the thought process behind it.

pmac193

Thundermuff
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I kind of got sucked into the vortex of stupid I suppose, scratching my head with each reply this guy gave, trying to figure out what they hell he was saying and the thought process behind it.
There's a del sol I'm interested in that's way out in the boonies and I know the car is not going to sell simply from how poor the guy's grammar is. You almost feel bad for these people.

Mr.Baker

Mr. Search
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I know the car is not going to sell simply from how poor the guy's grammar is. You almost feel bad for these people.
This is the issue though, they feel it doesn't matter, which isn't necessarily true.

Kind of along the same lines regarding that, this is the response from the seller, towards the end of our exchange, again, copy and pasted.

"Sorry I put my lhead to better s**t like living and fending for myself and didnt feel spelling was a big deal when I was younger its a strugle but if u slowed down alil and realy tryed ud b able to read it and understand now I got kids and no time to fix what iv f**ked up in my younger age we done here now if u need to know anything and cant understand ask ( His friends name here) he helped me thought this s**t for the most part so can tell u what u wont to know if ur realy about this car dude"

xxBLOOD88SHOTxx

Surge Master
Registered VIP
If he can't put words together correctly what makes him think we are going to believe he can put a car together correctly?

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
This is the issue though, they feel it doesn't matter, which isn't necessarily true. Kind of along the same lines regarding that, this is the response from the seller, towards the end of our exchange, again, copy and pasted.

"Sorry I put my lhead to better s**t like living and fending for myself and didnt feel spelling was a big deal when I was younger its a strugle but if u slowed down alil and realy tryed ud b able to read it and understand now I got kids and no time to fix what iv f**ked up in my younger age we done here now if u need to know anything and cant understand ask ( His friends name here) he helped me thought this s**t for the most part so can tell u what u wont to know if ur realy about this car dude"
Thats bullsh*t. First of all, every phone and computer has spell-check, so he is willfully ignoring the multiple red flags and spelling suggestions his method of contact is providing him. Secondly, that is pure text-speak and not solely poor grammar. Plus, he admitted he "didnt think spelling was a big deal" when he was younger. I highly doubt that decision occurred in elementary or middle school, where all the basics of spelling and punctuations are covered. In this day and age, its so easy to avoid his errors simply by reading forums or any number of other free available tools online to at least improve the practice of writing in a creative or entertaining way, such as car forums (with spell-check). A known learning disability like dyslexia would be forgivable, but again none of his writing depicts learning disabilities or understandable shortcomings but willful ignorance.

At this point, I wouldnt be able to resist one last reply saying that as a father he better not be using the same excuses for the children he's raising. If he still doesnt care then its more likely to rub off on his children, and that is wrong at multiple levels. All this banter would be worth that comment alone. And anyone who takes that as an insult is more concerned about themselves than their children and is highly likely to put little effort at everything they perform in life, including the car he's selling. It is sad and unfortunate, but effort and humility are free choices anyone not mentally disabled can make.

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Ive noticed most import kids hate on each other more than non import people. Haters gonna hate. Stupid gonna stupid.

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Ive noticed most import kids hate on each other more than non import people. Haters gonna hate. Stupid gonna stupid.
I'm not sure what your comments have to do with the topic at hand.

JDMchristian991

flush.
5+ Year Member
So much truth in this... The past 3-4 years it's gotten so much worse too. I don't associate with 90% of our "Honda scene" around my my city due to kids like this. It's sad really.

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I wish I could find some respectable Honda enthusiasts nearby. The few I've met that qualify are dying to get back into a Civic. Otherwise, Ive seen so many ragged out crappy Civics around town with fart can exhausts. That one trait speaks enough of the owner. All these kids want is attention with their loud @$$ rice burners below 30 mph.

stcopley

Trollin in the Deep
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I wish I could find some respectable Honda enthusiasts nearby. The few I've met that qualify are dying to get back into a Civic. Otherwise, Ive seen so many ragged out crappy Civics around town with fart can exhausts. That one trait speaks enough of the owner. All these kids want is attention with their loud @$$ rice burners below 30 mph.
I'm so lucky that we have a good Honda scene around here. Almost everyone around the MSP area respects a good, clean civic.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Oh, I get plenty of compliments for my Civic, but these kids tend to have copy-cat rice taste and no real individuality. Its such a shame when these cars are so easy to modify tastefully in any number of ways.