Hood re-paint

kid2006

Hi guys,

The hood of my civic got scuffed up thanks to the prevous owner for using Windex for the windshield washer. So I purchased the Carbon Fiber Vinyl to cover it up and came across an array of troubles.

In the end, I wasted $97 and the final results looked worst than before. :cry:

Here is my question... Whats the average price to get just the hood repainted at a shop. And is it possible to DIY?

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
if you know how to use a spray gun you can do it yourself. or maybe give it some practice till you feel confident enough in yourself. but im not sure on the cost to get it repainted. if you look for a vo tech or a tech university where they teach collision repair, they will often do it for free. you just have to buy the supplies

DaOne

You can definitely do it yourself if your good with a spray gun or some spray cans.
I did my own hood with Duplicolor cans.Just make sure to get a good amount of clear coat on it, because the hood gets abused a lot when on the road...(flying rocks and stuff)

kid2006

You can definitely do it yourself if your good with a spray gun or some spray cans.
I did my own hood with Duplicolor cans.Just make sure to get a good amount of clear coat on it, because the hood gets abused a lot when on the road...(flying rocks and stuff)
Duplicolor? How do you get the exact OEM color, like nighthawk black?

evilrilla2

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
DIY with spray cans will look unprofessional. average cost of hood repaint is $200, thats how much I see quotes from all repair shops around my hood, san bernardino. I would say look for your hood in a junkyard, but your car is too new. no luck there.

JCCLARK

The Painter
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
200 is a real good price.
I'd charge a little more to make it right.
Most colors won't match perfectly, I usually have to blend into the fenders
to make it undetectable.

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i think i love that. i want a graffiti bay, anyone know anywho does it near me?

emerican

Registered VIP
I would probably just try and find another one that matches in a junkyard or just pay a shop to di it i wouldnt trust myself enough with spray cans to fade it in right. You would be putting brand new paint on just the hood with the rest of it however old your car is plus the spray cans even factory color match usally seem to end up a little bit off.

awesomejob

5+ Year Member
Hey, i'm having a hard time seeing the connection between windshield washer and hood scuff. Maybe you can post some pics on what your hood looks like? maybe it isnt as bad as what it seems? Who knows man, maybe some people here can find a cheaper and easier solution rather than getting it repainted once they see your problem.

kid2006

Hey, i'm having a hard time seeing the connection between windshield washer and hood scuff. Maybe you can post some pics on what your hood looks like? maybe it isnt as bad as what it seems? Who knows man, maybe some people here can find a cheaper and easier solution rather than getting it repainted once they see your problem.
my hood is covered so i can't get any pics. basically if u use windex for ur windshield washer, it will make transparent looking white spots on ur hood that cannot be washed off.