Hood Spacer Modification

delano777

5+ Year Member
jdm hood TILT and water?????

is it possible to run into problems with the hood tilt when it is raining in the winter? or when washing the car?

cgpEJ6

noob
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
The hood tilt is not JDM and yes it can have problems with rain, snow, dirt and anything else getting in there.

roaddogg3034

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
you mean having the hood spaced? i never had problems with it.

Szady

D-Series Master
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Ive had mine spaced for about 2 months now, and Ive driven thru severe rain storms, and not one problem.

LS_VTEC_oya

N/A all day homie
5+ Year Member
are you guys talking about the hood prop thing ie flared hood,well unless you have itb's & you're driving in snow or rain.....other than that nope

PICKLED

El mero mero Aguacatero
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Theoretically, the mad tyte JDM hood tilt could work on all cars, right? My dad's Chevy Tahoe has been overheating and I wonder if this would help?

Matt.

Banned
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
WHAT IS HOOD TILT!!!
Don't worry about it, its when something happens to your hood eventually leading to the engine developing a small hole in it which gets bigger and bigger till parts of the rods fly out.

Evan.

iTrader EVERYthing
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
WHAT IS HOOD TILT!!!
if you actually took the time to read the link I JUST posted, its putting washers / longer bolts under your hood to prop it up on the cowl side, supposively releasing hot air trapped in the engine bay.

chinkyeyedemcee

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
if you actually took the time to read the link I JUST posted, its putting washers / longer bolts under your hood to prop it up on the cowl side, supposively releasing hot air trapped in the engine bay.
yea sorry dood that thread was mad long

YoungKadafi

Redundant security
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I love the hood tilt, its so functional, and adds a clean look. However I dont drive a neon or cavaller so this mods not for me.

YoungKadafi

Redundant security
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
to answer the OP's question too, yes you will run into large problems. The only way this mod works is if you remove the black cowl gaurd to expose the wiper motors, and set your blower on high, you will effectively drop your bay temps by quite a bit. The air will be forced down into the blower motor, and out your vents, because its high pressure around the cowl.