hookin up a sub trouble

jdmcivic01

5+ Year Member
im trying to hook up a sub but i dont know where to run the batter cable terminal i see the hole in the fire wall but it seems that they wont exit to the inside of my car if y'all have experence of hooking up a sub please help some pics would help too thanks guys

96greencivic

#1 in the Atlantic!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
There are usually a few holes by your steering column. Did you check there?

PAguy

Banned
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
get under the dash, find the cluster of wires coming in from the fire wall, and look around that area. If you do not have an existing rubber grommet that is not being used, there should be a cut out for one where you can drill with a unibit. i ran my wire down the passenger side, but then again i had 2 runs of 0 gauge so it made more sense to drill and add grommets.

jdmcivic01

5+ Year Member
what would you guys think it would be easier fromt the passenger side or the steering column

jdmcivic01

5+ Year Member
what would you guys think it would be easier fromt the passenger side or the steering column

flipmoderacer02

I
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
passenger side would be easier to access to...you have to poke a hole in the firewall hole and you can hide the wire behind the panels alongside the passenger side all the way to the trunk

pon55

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
flipmoderacer02 said:
passenger side would be easier to access to...you have to poke a hole in the firewall hole and you can hide the wire behind the panels alongside the passenger side all the way to the trunk
You can check the diy on 7thgen (if its working). Passengers side is easy, thru the jut-out by the door and behind rear side panels!

Trey99EK

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I would go down the passenger side and avoid all the other wires under the dash.

imbcruz

ItsMeBraulio!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member

jttegx

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
assuming this is on a 2001+ civic, you run the power cable thru the firewall which is on the passenger side. what i did to get the power wire to battery was took a steel coat hanger and bent it making it straight then taped it onto the power wire and poked thru. shoved it in deep as possible, look under the engine bay and pull along...