hooking up a AIR/Fuel Gauge to gsr swap.

BseriesEG

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
im gonna hook my autometer air fuel ratio gauge and i wanna know where to splice the purple wire to on the o2 sensor i think mine has like 3 or 4 wires ont he o2? i have a gsr swap in my 93 civic

jdog

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
do you have instructions??? i just need to know which wire it say like to hook up too (sensor pos or neg)
or (heater pos or neg) terminals then i can show you1

henkz0r

Unobtanium Member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but you'll need a wideband O2 sensor for that AFR gauge to work with any accuracy. A narrowband (stock unit) will only read between about 14:1 and 15:1.

bhacker9

ebp si
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I think you want the white wire, look in a helms manual at the wiring diagrams.

DetainedCivic

I haz SR20
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
autometer air/fuel gauge is nothing but a light show. Won't actually tell you anything about how your car is running. Get a wideband and call it a day.

vandynamics

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
autometer air/fuel gauge is nothing but a light show. Won't actually tell you anything about how your car is running. Get a wideband and call it a day.
way to put the cart infront of the horse. those af guages do work well as long as they are behind a wideband. the stock o2 sensor voltage threshold is too skinny so those sensors are only give a consistent reading at WOT.

BseriesEG

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
ok thanx for all that input. yea i understand a wideband is better but i dont have that i have this. so telling me that isnt gonna help me. but still here wit my gauge and its not hooked up. its got three wires black red and purple. wheres the purple one go. i think there was an install wit pics on here but i couldnt find it.

BseriesEG

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
anyone have apicture of what white wire i splice the purple one too? cuz theres a couple white ones but they all have some type of color line with them. its a GSR swap in my civic.