Hope; 97 civic hatch

Platinumcloud

I have been around for a while and i have put off putting my civic up here. i titled it Hope. because there are so many people out there that start with nothing and have little money, i hope my car can be of help to you, to inspire you and drive you. here he is, as weird as it sounds i call my car toothless (yes the same as the dragon from How to Train your dragon). i am a long way from where i started and will post untill i catch up. this is how i started, got a DUI, totaled my Frontier and became the proud owner of a 97 civic HB. my brother and my father were already driving EG hatches and i LOVED them so i got a civic hatch....i got him for 2000. with 160XXX miles! hahah i know just broken in!

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

Platinumcloud

So at this point im broke as s**t...::( i just paid my fines and im without cash....but i have big dreams of a clean ride! and looking back at it i was such a noob lol. the car did have some defects, it had a CEL (i was told it was the cat....) wasnt excited about that. the front light rattled because the guy hit something and a broken bumper to go along with it. he was the original owner (SWEET!) and had all i mean ALL the receipts for what he put into the car. it was undercoated and what not so it is super clean!!!! well had one spot of rush on the the lip. cant have everything i guess...
[/URL][/IMG]

the cracked bumper:
[/URL][/IMG]

first thing i did was tear into that factory stereo....bye bye! and in with my unit from my first truck and i converted the dash lights to blue LED's. was dirt cheap mod form Superbrightleds.com:

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

Platinumcloud

Well came the next mod: Short ram....like a noob i put one on, but oh well i was overwhelmed with my car....i was in LOVE with my car like some honda owners become....the engine bay isnt clean by any means but its a daily driver so its a work in progress.
AEM Filter: $50
Ebay cold air piping $40

By platinumcloud at 2011-12-19[/IMG]

Platinumcloud

So i finally got some cash....place some orders, i got tired of seeing that damn CEL so i ordered an Ebay exhaust....i dont have tons of cash and im not forking over 500 for a new cat.....this was before i knew about checking the CEL on a civic........put the exhaust on, meh whatever it will work for the time being, but turns out it was an O2 sensor lol (FAIL!!!!) but either way new exhaust from the header back, ($150)
bought plug and play HID's and fiddled around with a cold air intake with the piping i had. Jdm Yellow fogs got wired in, got lucky and picked them up from a guy on craigslist for $50 :D i believe this is also when i bought my new headlights =)

TheHatchGuy

5+ Year Member
looks good man, no serious rust which is a plus for hatchies. i can't wait to find a clean one. good pick up. hit the regular new honda owners maintenance. check fluids, etc... brushings?