Horn failed to work?! anybody else?

99CivicSiBrian

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
So as I'm driving down a country road, I see a soccer mom coming out of the parking lot of a soccer field... she looks, sees me, and goes anyway. I'm going 40 and she pulls out and stays under 25 - thus I'd like to use my horn. I press it and nothing. WTF. So I pushed it all around and different ways but no luck.

I drive about ten or twenty minutes more and just test the horn and it works! Anybody ever encounter this?
B

99CivicSiBrian

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Encountered the same thing yesterday. Didn't work a few times then it did start to work.

khmaiboiremix

EM1 FNR CUSTOMS
same for me i thought it would be the relay i need help to find that please help. ps i checked the fuse and its ok not blown

blaqstarr18

had same trouble
according to honda tech my clock spring broke?

FCR_Mark

come to mention it, mine has failed once before. I replaced the fuse at a local autozone and its worked ever since

xWIREMANx

Well a fuse is either good or bad. That would have most likely been a bad connection in the fuse box itself. Use a meter to check for power at the horn itself when pushing the button. If you are getting power when the button is pressed and no sound then you have a faulty horn. Those things stick sometimes. If you push the button and no power then you either have a bad connection along the way or a blown fuse. Most likely it is the horn.

99CivicSiBrian

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I thought about that but 2 things- 1, the horn works when activated by arming the alarm. And 2, it does work if i drum or punch the Honda symbol on the airbag. Something must be up with the contact inside the wheel, I'm sure of that.
B