horn stopped working... SRS light.. but separate occurances...

marewrath

i first noticed my horn stopped working after fiddling with some fuses (and finding a blown one for my accessory outlet); i know it was workinga week before, but not if it was direclty before that...
ive since checked the 15a fuse in the hood, and about half the fuses in the interior, with no luck.

i've read a bit about the relay, am wondering if there is a quick way to test/check that? i tdoesnt seem at all like my horn itself is bad.

as for the SRS light, it had actually been on for a really long time, and i cant remember now but i believe it had gone out for a little while, either way, its on now-- is there a simple way to check/find the issue? im not incredibly car/techn proficient but moderately adept, and can [generally] follow directions. :P

ive read a lot of forums - im aware it could be the relay or the connection for the steering wheel but again, just wondering if there is a practically simple way to check.. help is incredibly appreciated. im supposed to be getting inspected! (otherwise id toally just purchase a ludicrously loud & obnoxious hand held horn of some sort)

New Vega

HondArmy
could be the connection at the horn, horn ground, or the horn itself. I would mess with the horn wiring. It should be in the lower grill in the front bumper. Mine had that problem. if its the horn itself, hit up an auto parts store and get a cheap or cool replacement. I got an ooga horn for all my civics.

as for the srs light, check bag connections, fuse, and also try this if all else fails:

>>>CLICK HERE TO RESET SRS LIGHT<<<

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Rochester eh? Nice! I'm here in Roc, I go to school at RIT. JohnS. might chime in, he's from Roc too. Do you go to the cabin on Wednesday nights?

Anyways, you can reset the SRS light by doing the paperclip trick, this happened to me and this trick solved it perfectly:
http://www.clubcivic.com/board/showthread.php?t=115880