Horrible Day Yesterday. Help Needed!

EK|B

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
To make it easier, LONGer springs go in front. SHORTer springs go in back.

fvelasco89

5+ Year Member
Well the longer ones are the skinnier ones, and the fatter ones are the shorter ones. Im confused now!

fvelasco89

5+ Year Member
Than that would mean that the mechanic put them in right. cuz that what he did. because he put the fatter ones (shorter ones) in the back and the longer(skinnier) ones in the front.....:(

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
thick in the front and thin in the back. the thick ones go in the front to compensate for the weight of the engine..

fvelasco89

5+ Year Member
okay but i just saw a picture of the exact springs i put on my car, and it has an "f" for front and a "R" for rear, the fat ones say R and the skinny long ones say F????

luispizarro25

5+ Year Member
just call skunk2 or another shop in town.... that would solve the issue in 2 miliseconds.... not saying ppl dont know stuff here but you dont seem to take the advises.... let us know how this turned out anyways kuz it'd be good to know whats the delio, at least in my case, good luck

Kensai

♪♫♪♫♪~
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
lmao i just want to be sure 100% before i tell him to do it, then i gotta pay him again for nothing if its wrong ya know.

Why would you pay him? He put your springs on backwards, if anything he should give you your money back for the first time AND put them on right!

fvelasco89

5+ Year Member
let me explain the situation:
i got skunk2 spirngs put on
Which comes with a set of 2 Fat ones with a "R" on it
and 2 Skinny ones with a "F" on it
i believe R is for rear and f is for front
but when i measured the drop, the back was about 2 inches lower than the front :(
what exactly did he do wrong?

Last edited:

jerk334

Hearts my SOHC
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
he didnt do anything wrong, you got shitty springs, granted that thickness hass ALOT to do with it, the thick ones are shorter because of the weight difference of the back to the front with the engine, the front ones are longer and smaller for a better response and the length to compensate for the strut length and the weight of the engine! he put them on corect, ya just got bad struts or the springs are bad....call skunk and double check but the thick ones do go in the back, thats why they are shorter, you put those short springs on the front and youll kiss the ground

jerk334

Hearts my SOHC
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
ek|b had it right a long time ago, they are just bad shocks bro

fvelasco89

5+ Year Member
makes a lot more sense now, the mechanic did tell me that the rear springs didnt fit exactly right because he said that the stock shocks in the back was a bit too long and if it was at least an inch smaller, it would fit perfectly and be tight instead of a little loose like they are now. :( so i DO need new shocks correct?

s_crowley 17

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
you do not need new shocks. i am willing to put money on it that he installed them backwards. i just looked at my skunk 2's outside in the garage (that are on my civic) i turned the front wheel and saw that the front spring was def. thicker than the rear.

/thread.

fvelasco89

5+ Year Member
you do not need new shocks. i am willing to put money on it that he installed them backwards. i just looked at my skunk 2's outside in the garage (that are on my civic) i turned the front wheel and saw that the front spring was def. thicker than the rear.

/thread.
scrowley can you do me one more BIG FAVOR check to see if it has the "F" and "R" on the springs and tell me in what way they are in yours, just to make sure that they are indeed backwards. i would REALLY APPRECIATE it man pleaseee

Last edited:

highneo

Pi Lambda Phi
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
you need 3 freaking pages to figure out that it's on backwards???

IT'S ON BACKWARDS! do you need me to bold and underline it for you too? even better, don't fix it and just drive around like that.

fvelasco89

5+ Year Member
than why is there a "F" (for front) on the back ones and a "R"(for rear) on the front ones? doesnt make that much sense...

highneo

Pi Lambda Phi
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
than why is there a "F" (for front) on the back ones and a "R"(for rear) on the front ones? doesnt make that much sense...
then keep it that way....obviously, it's wrong if you have a huge gap in the front.

highneo

Pi Lambda Phi
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
anyone else has a more knowledgeable answer?
just think about it....where's all the weight in your car? unless you have dead bodies in your trunk then you'll figure out which spring goes where.

if you can't answer that question, then do a quick search for a DIY suspension install and you will find our answer there too.

Evan.

iTrader EVERYthing
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
It sounds to me, like they are on backwards.