How are the 06 Auto Sedans?

emotionr

5+ Year Member
I am in the market for a 06 Civic auto.
I am consider either LX or EX but I obviously like to try the EX first if budget works out.

I was wondering...
How the mpg really is?

I know its a new car so it needs some proper engine and overall car breaking in procedure but how are the mpg ppl are getting for city and hwy?

I hear a lot of people complaining it is bad but like I said... its new?
Has anyone actually got a pretty consistant 28-30mpg city and really 40mph on hwy?

How is the interior quality?
I at in one and thought it was ncie but it was stationary...

Any complaints as far as noise, or any flaws?
I love the look but yes... the civic is kind of pricey for the new generations.

I guess I like some feedback from current owners of the new 8th gen civics.

Thanks

Sion0x

Off to college!!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I get 28-34 mpg, that's combined city/hwy driving. I have a manual LX coupe, and I'm sure I'd get even better mileage if I wasn't so keen on flooring it every chance I got. The interior is really nice, I've gotten a lot of compliments on it, and everyone thinks it's modified (btw it's completely stock minus the all-weather floormats)

I say go for it...

Not sure on how the sedan feels, or how the auto tranny feels, but it was an excellent buy in my opinion, and I am one happy customer.

I say go for it! :thumbs up :thumbs up

emotionr

5+ Year Member
I am targeting a sedan and auto this time because I never had an auto before. I been driving manual and 2dr sports cars ever since I started driving and I like an auto 4dr now since I do plan to get a 2dr like NSX or S2k later on so I figureI better get a 4dr for a daily and I just kind of want to try auto for more of the luxery feel =)

Yea I really like to shoot the EX but I got so many ppl saying the civic is bad because the interior is cheap, some problem with noise and mpg is not as great as stated in real time.

aznwannabe

26psi what?
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
lol... buddy there's a big difference b/t an NSX and an s2000. you'd better think real long and hard about that decision.

i'd go with the nsxer ;)

emotionr

5+ Year Member
lol... buddy there's a big difference b/t an NSX and an s2000. you'd better think real long and hard about that decision.

i'd go with the nsxer
Of course... I was saying either NSX ORRR S2k, of course there is a difference whats there to think?
The S2k is based off the F1 and NSX while the NSX is based soley off the F1. The NSX is a higher priced, rare and uhm... different class! can we say MR 6 rather then a inline 4?

But anyways, lets get back to topic...
06 Sedan ex insights!

Sion0x

Off to college!!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I don't think the interior is cheap at all-
in my opinion it looks far more "luxurious" than older model civics.

The only rattling in my car is the freaking pedal cover i have on, i'm too lazy to tighten a clamp.

Kaotic_Zeus

Most hated man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
A new thing with the Auto tranny it's finally a 5-speed. Many people say they look like an Acura, and the interior looks very fancy. I personally don't like the jet looking steering wheel. Just too bad the ex didn't come with leather, or that would of made alot more sales. i'd wait for the 07's, Im sure they got some bug fixes , and other defects. TSB's..

emotionr

5+ Year Member
Well I am in the market of getting a new car for the first time... I thought about the Honda Fit but in all honesty... it doesn't look that great imo. The interior is nice for its price price and overall but then little things like the cheap feel, lack of a simple thing like a coin holder made me thing twice to go with the civic. Acuras... are all a bit too much for me... the RSX is nice but like I said... I am looking for a 4dr in prep for later on 2dr and the need for more room right now. I like the fact the mpg on the civic is really nice too and a bit better then my past 2-3 cars. So in that sense... I don't think I could wait until 07' unless it comes up sooner like the FIT (classified as 07). I thought about other cars like the Scion but they don't have 4dr and I really prefer a Honda over a Toyota due to the knowns: Reliability, looks, performance as far as handling...

Does anyone have photos of their 4dr interior and exteriors? I love looking at photos... I went to the forum and the show off your ride threads but not a lot or none on the sedan area.

96greencivic

#1 in the Atlantic!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Have you gone to the dealer yet? I'm sure they'll let you drive and feel out an auto 4 door.

TheCrazy1

i-VTEC addict
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
My dad has an auto LX sedan. He constantly gets 30+ MPG and I think he's reached up to 40 MPG or at least somewhat close to that. The interior does get some getting used to, but it's still very nice, definitely not cheap IMO. All in all, I'd say it's a great car and he hasn't had any problems so yeah, go for it! :thumbs up

emotionr

5+ Year Member
Are there any difference in the model #s?
I mean for instance... the early batches didn't have aux out and there are some inconsistency on the molding/window trim which created some noise after a certain speed.

sparda

5+ Year Member
i have a sedan ex (JDM)
its super cool
the interior aint cheap at ALL
and the mpg is counting on your leg he he he
but its soo good if you drivr it at low rpm's
it can go to 35 or even 40

go for it man
honda rules

Sion0x

Off to college!!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Well I know for a fact the JDM sedan looks WAY better than USDM.

I think the body is entirely different if I remember correctly.

emotionr

5+ Year Member
Sion0x said:
Well I know for a fact the JDM sedan looks WAY better than USDM.

I think the body is entirely different if I remember correctly.
Its caled CSX as a JDM right?

If so... yea I agree! Looks nicer but oh well. I just wish Honda make the price a bit lower for a 'civic' and have leather as optional for LX or EX or both! haha.

DRaven

Bad from the start
5+ Year Member
emotionr said:
Its caled CSX as a JDM right?

If so... yea I agree! Looks nicer but oh well. I just wish Honda make the price a bit lower for a 'civic' and have leather as optional for LX or EX or both! haha.
Leather cost about $1000-1500 to have added by most dealers. Or you can buy Katzkin direct from a distrubutor and self-install for like $600.

I pick mine up today from the shop that installed in my Ivory EX Sedan. Camera in hand, so you know pics are coming.

Felioness

5+ Year Member
I bought my 2006 4-dr Civic LX-AT about three weeks ago. I just hit 500 miles so its not nearly broken in. I do mostly city driving and have been getting just over 26 mpg. I am hoping that will improve as it gets broken in. I don't find the interior cheap at all. I can't figure out the service manual though. This isn't like any car I've ever had. It doesn't seem to need oil changes frequently. Timing of service is supposed to be announced by the lights on the dash and there is a digital read out telling you the % of life left in the oil. Guess I'll have to ask the dealer to explain. It sure is fun to drive after 7 years of driving a Chevy Blazer. I had an Accord before the Blazer and my husband talked me into trading for the truck. I hated it from the beginning and am glad to be back in a Honda.

gearbox

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
compared to the 7thgen vics, the auto on the 8thgen is very soft and mushy. you almost cant tell when it even shifts, and when you press the gas it seems to get stuck in the higher gears and not wanna go. feels very soft you cant even tell when it shifts. has a strong rental car feel to it all around driving and interior. Aside from that, visibility is terrible, gas pedal has something wrong with it, not enough foot room, dash is too big you need glasses just to see the speed youre going, interior is cheap and cluttered, overall has a very funny feeling to it while driving. I would never drive one again. i wont even get into the engine here, but i will say it feels about as fast or slower than my auto 7thgen with intake/exhaust.

Declectic

SeanJohn1802
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
gearbox said:
it feels about as fast or slower
hahahaha, :wtf:

black like you, black like me... he look like a man [/ms swan]

seaman

5+ Year Member
I had an Acura TL 2004 and now I own a 2006 Civic EX coupe manual, and honestly, I don't feel that this car is cheap at all. Of course the performances are far from my TL, but the handling is impressive for a car from this class. I hesitate between the Civic and the new rabbit but decided to stay with honda for relaibility and gas economy. The rabbit is nice and a very good bang for the buck, but what about Volkswaggen reputation ? And the L5 is drinking like the hell ! The mazda 3 handle probably better but again the gas economy is not that great.

I choose the Ex for the rear disc break and the MP3 radio (350 watts), otherwise the LX would have been good enough.

Don't be affraid, the Civic is better that ever !